Our annual one day conference is held in DCU and is aimed at parents, teachers and researchers of gifted children. Each year there is a host of national and international experts discussing different aspects of gifted education and psychology. These conferences are also a good opportunity to catch up and network with other people interested in this area.
The 2013 Conference is in the planning stages, please keep checking here for final details.
Please click on the links below for the presentations from 2009, 2010 & 2011 conference.
- Tracy Cross - The Social and Emotional Development of Gifted Children (PDF)
- Sarah McElwee - Supporting your Able Child's Learning in Primary School (PDF)
- Lorraine Boran - Building Resiliance and Coping with Stress (PDF)
- Engineering Connecting Generations through Innovations (PDF)
- Career in Science Research (PDF)
- "If you can't make a mistake, you can't make anything!" : Helping able children to put failure into perspective (PDF)
- Teenagers and Embodied Excellence (PDF)
- Gifted Children with Special Needs: The twice exceptional child (PDF)
- Academic supports for high achievers with dyslexia (PDF)
- Learniing, Memory and the Gifted Brain (PDF)
- Creating the Conditions for Exceptional Performance (PDF)
- Early University Entrance (PDF)
- Holistic Education for the Gifted Students (PPT)
- Techspectations, Gifted Techspectations, A Report On Information And Communications Technology Usage And Expectations Of Irish Gifted And Talented Students For The Irish Centre For Talented Youth (PDF)