Dr Annelies Kamp
|Name:||Dr Annelies Kamp|
|Phone Number:||Ext. 5548|
Dr Annelies Kamp is an academic and researcher in the School of Education Studies. Annelies co-ordinates the Leadership Strand of the MSc in Education & Training Management. She also teaches and coordinates within the Bachelor of Education & Training. Annelies was nominated for the President's Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in 2011. Dr Kamp is Deputy Director of the Higher Education Research Centre (HERC) at DCU. Annelies has held Honorary Fellowships at Deakin and Monash University in Victoria, Australia as well as Ministerial appointments to the Adult, Community and Further Education Board in Victoria, Australia and the National Resource Centre for Adult and Community Education in New Zealand. Annelies has held senior management positions in a range of post compulsory education and training settings including roles with Skill New Zealand, the New Zealand Motor Industry Training Organisation and the Australian Pulp and Paper Industry Skill Development Unit. Most recently she was Strategy and Development Manager for Mission Australia, a leading third sector organisation. Dr Kamp is a graduate of Massey and Waikato Universities in New Zealand and Deakin University in Australia. She holds a Masters in Professional Education & Training (Workplace and Vocational); her doctoral research concerned networking and collaboration as a policy response for youth at risk of disengaging from education, training and employment. She is the author of 'Rethinking Learning Networks: Collaborative Possibilities for a Deleuzian Century' (2013) and the editor of 'A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st Century' (2014).
Annelies' research is focused on social theory and the intersection of young people, education, training and employment. Her research foci include critical studies of youth transition; the teenage parent in education, leadership and the 'joined-up' policy agenda. Approaches from research students in any of these arenas are welcome.
- Member - American Educational Research Association
- Member - UK Social Policy Association
- Member - Australian Association for Research in Education
- Member - Australian Institute for Training and Development
- Treasurer - Educational Studies Association of Ireland
- Member - International Sociological Association
Research Grant Activity
- Australian Research Council - Capacity building and social enterprise: individual and organisational transformation in transitional labour market programs
- Enterprise Ireland - Young people's transitions from school to work in a post-GFC context: partnerships of/for individual, school and industry transformation
- Kamp, A. Kelly, P.. 2014. Once Were Young. Reflexive Hindsight and the Problem of Teen Parents. JOURNAL OF YOUTH STUDIES, DOI:10.1080/13676261.2013.878790,
- Kamp, A.. 2012. 'Experimentation in Contact with the Real': Networking with Deleuze & Guattari. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF THE HUMANITIES, 9,, pp165-176.
- Annelies Kamp , Fethi Mansouri. 2010. Constructing inclusive education in a neo-liberal context: promoting inclusion of Arab-Australian students in an Australian context. BRITISH EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL, 36,, pp733-744.
- Kamp, A., Mansouri, F.. 2009. Constructing inclusive education in a neo-liberal context: promoting inclusion of Arab-Australian students in an Australian context. BRITISH EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL, 36, 5, pp733-744.
- Kamp, A.. 2009. Capitals and commitment: The case of a local learning and employment network. DISCOURSE STUDIES, 30, 4, pp471-482.
- Annelies Kamp. 2009. Capitals and commitment. The case of a local learning and employment network.. DISCOURSE: STUDIES IN THE CULTURAL POLITICS OF EDUCATION, 30,, pp471-482.
- Mansouri, F., Kamp, A.. 2007. Structural deficiency or cultural racism: The educational and social experiences of Arab-Australian youth. AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF SOCIAL ISSUES, 42, 1, pp87-102.
- Annelies Kamp. 2005. On track to what? A Foucauldian analysis of a recent Victorian post-compulsory education policy initiative. YOUTH STUDIES AUSTRALIA, 24,, pp39-45.
- Kamp, A. 2005. On Track to What? A Foucauldian analysis of a recent Victorian post-compulsory education policy intitiative. YOUTH STUDIES AUSTRALIA, 24, 2, pp39-45.
- Annelies Kamp. 2003. Mature women and the New Zealand qualifications framework. realising the potential of recognising prior learning. INTERNATIONAL EDDUCATION JOURNAL, 4,, pp17-23.
- Kamp, A.. 2003. Mature women and the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. Realising the potential of recognising prior learning. INTERNATIONAL EDDUCATION JOURNAL, 4, 1, pp17-23.
- Kamp, A. 2008. Migrant youth and the emerging educational settlement. Migration Action, 3, pp28-29.
- Harrison, L., Shacklock, G., Kamp, A., Angwin, J.. 2004. Taking your baby to school: the Young Parents' Access Project at Corio Bay Secondary College. Redress, 13, pp10-13.
Peer Reviewed Journals
Non-Peer Reviewed Journals
- Kelly, P. & Kamp, A.. A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st Century, Brill, 2014.
- Kamp, A.. Rethinking Learning Networks: Collaborative Possibilities for a Deleuzian Century, Peter Lang Academic, 2013.
- Kamp, A.. Education to employment: a Deleuzian study of networking for youth in transition from education to Employment, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2010.
- Kamp, A.. 2014. Deleuze and the Teenage Mother: Troublemakers for Education and Transition. A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st CenturyBrill.
- Annelies Kamp. 2014. Deleuze and the teenage mother: trouble makers for education and transition. A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st Century, pp123-141, Koninklijke Brill NV.
- Kamp, A.. 2012. Collaboration in education: Lessons from Actor Network Theory. Towards Transformative Education (Bulgarian Edition), pp128-135, Sofia University.
- Annelies Kamp. 2012. Collaboration in education: Lessons from Actor Network Theory. Towards Transformative Education, pp128-135, Sofia University.
- Blackmore, J., Kamp, A. 2009. Education as a determinant of health and well-being. Understanding health: A determinants approach (2nd Ed), pp218-228, Oxford University Press.
- Kamp, A., Angwin, J.A.. 2007. Policy hysteria in practice: Teenage parents at secondary school in Australia. Learning from the margins: Young women, social exclusion and education, pp95-107, Routledge.
- Kamp, A, Policy, paradigms and partnership potential: Rethinking the governance of learning networks, American Educational Research Association: Education and Poverty. Theory, Research, Policy and Praxis, 27-APR-13 - 01-MAY-13, San Francisco, USA
- Kelly, P., Kamp, A, A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities, Limits and Possibilities, In: Professor Andy Furlong ed.New Agendas on Youth and Young Adulthood, 08-APR-13 - 10-APR-13, Glasgow, UK
- Kamp, A, Through education to employment: Exploring the possibilities for transformative workplace learning for young people in the post-Global Financial Crisis context, International Professional Development Association, 30-NOV-12 - 01-DEC-12, Birmingham, UK
- Kamp, A., Post-compulsory education and training meets Actor Network Theory: exploring the possibilities of 'reassembling the social', Education Studies Association of Ireland, 29-MAR-12 - 31-MAR-12, Cork, Ireland
- Kamp, A., Jobs 4 Kids. Networking and learning for youth within one regional economy in Victoria, Australia, 2nd International Conference on Networks, Learning and Entrepreneurship, 07-DEC-11 - 08-DEC-11, Waterford, Ireland
- Kamp, A, 'Experimentation in contact with the real': networking with Deleuze & Guattari, 9th International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, 08-JUN-11 - 11-JUN-11, Universidad de Granada, Spain
- Kamp, A, Local Learning and Employment Networks: a case study of partnership for educational purpose in Victoria, Australia, Education Studies Association for Ireland, 14-APR-11 - 16-APR-11, Dublin, Ireland
- Kamp, A, Taking the high road. Charcoal Lane's pathway through a successful youth, Service Skills Australia National Conference, 01-MAR-10 - 02-MAR-10, Sydney, Australia
- Kamp, A, Young Australians in 2008. Key and emerging issues, National School Leavers Conference, 02-SEP-09 - 03-SEP-09, Lorne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Into, out of and around theory, RMIT Student Conference, 01-NOV-08 - 01-NOV-08, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Social inclusion and youth, Social Inclusion and Youth, 29-OCT-08 - 29-OCT-08, Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Local Learning and Employment Networks: Why, how and what now?, Brotherhood of St Laurence Seminar Series, 25-SEP-08 - 25-SEP-08, Melbourne, Victoria
- Kamp, A, A case of productive entanglement? Researching a post compulsory learning network, British Educational Research Assocation Conference, 05-SEP-07 - 08-SEP-07, University of London, England
- Kamp, A, Constructing inclusive education in a neo-liberal regime: a case study from Australia, British Educational Research Association Conference, 05-SEP-07 - 08-SEP-07, University of London, England
- Kamp, A, Building a post compulsory education training and employment sector through teacher education, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 27-NOV-06 - 30-NOV-06, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Kamp, A, 'A teacher is here to ask for your help.' A story of schools, employers and networks, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 30-NOV-05 - 02-DEC-05, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Kamp, A, Learning in action, Bringing Learning to Life, 01-AUG-05 - 01-AUG-05, Geelong, Australia
- Kamp, A, Plenary, Deakin University Higher Degree Summer School, 01-FEB-05 - 03-FEB-05, Deakin University, Australia
- Kamp, A, On Track to what?, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 29-NOV-04 - 02-DEC-04, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, The disembodied apprentice: Reflections on a doctoral exchange, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 29-NOV-04 - 02-DEC-04, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Parenting students and policy silence, Youth Affairs Fringe Benefits Conference, 01-OCT-04 - 01-OCT-04, Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A. Ryan, A., Walking a political tightrope, TAFE Frontiers Flexible Learning Conference, 01-AUG-04 - 01-AUG-04, Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Response, New Ways of Working: Young People, Learning and Networking, 01-AUG-04 - 01-AUG-04, Geelong,Australia
- Angwin, J., Harrison, L., Shacklock, G., Kamp, A., How current 'policy hysteria' is enacted for teenage mothers at school, Learning From the Margins, 01-JUL-04 - 01-JUL-04, Deakin University, Australia
- Kamp, A, Doctoral presentation, Doctoral Exchange Conference, 01-APR-04 - 06-APR-04, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
- Kamp, A, Reactions and responses. The concept of learning networks, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 30-NOV-03 - 03-DEC-03, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Kamp, A, Community education for social change within a neo-liberal environment, Education and Social Action Conference, 30-NOV-99 - 04-NOV-99, University of Technology Sydney, Australia