Strategic Plan 2017-2022
DCU sets out its vision as the University of Enterprise
The new Strategic Plan outlines specific activities to achieve the following goals:
- Provide a transformative student experience - Our commitment to our students is that we will prepare them well to flourish in the world outside the university: in their personal lives, in civic society, and in the rapidly evolving workplace.
- Advance our reputation for world-class research - Such is the nature and complexity of the major research challenges facing the world that international collaboration is essential in order to make significant and sustained advances.
- Sustain our ambitions through income generation - We will develop a non-exchequer Income Generation Plan in collaboration with Faculties and Units of the University as well as the DCU Commercial Group of companies.
- Ensure a coherent, connected university - Central to this goal is the creation of a coherent, integrated, multi-campus University, ‘One DCU.’
- Value and develop our staff community - Recognising the considerable increase in our scale and complexity of operations across multiple campuses, the issues of recruitment, retention, and succession planning assume even greater importance.
- Develop a global university - As part of our commitment to developing talented graduates that can flourish worldwide, we will introduce new opportunities for students to have a global experience during their undergraduate degree.
- Nurture creativity and culture across the university - We will promote the exploration of possibilities arising at the intersections of the creative arts and technological innovation.
- Place sustainability at the core of the university - It reflects not only our commitment to play our part as a responsible organisation but also our realisation of the messages we can convey as an exemplar organisation to both our students and society around us.
- Pursue active engagement with our communities - We are, and always have been, a highly engaged university, the very antithesis of the ‘Ivory Tower University.’