How to get to DCU
DCU is located a short distance from Dublin city centre, Dublin Airport and the M50 and M1 motorways. The campus is bordered by Ballymun Road and Collins Avenue.
Local Public Transport
DCU is serviced by the following buses, which stop outside the University at the Ballymun Road and Collins Avenue Extension entrances or near to the University, with stops on the Swords Road, Glasnevin Avenue and Collins Avenue West (all short walking distances to DCU).
Routes servicing DCU
- Number 1 - Collins Avenue Ext to Sandymount (St. John's Church) via city centre
- Number 4 - Ballymun Road to Monkstown Avenue via city centre
- Number 9 - Ballymun Road to Limekiln Avenue, Walkinstown via city centre
- Number 11 - Ballymun Road to Sandyford Industrial Estate - via city centre
- Number 13 - Ballymun Road to Grange Castle Business Park, Clondalkin, via city centre
- Number 14 - Collins Avenue West to Dundrum Luas Station via city centre
- Number 16 - Swords Road (Collins Avenue Ext) to Ballinteer (Kingston) via city centre
- Number 17A - Kilbarrick to Blanchardstown Centre via Glasnevin Avenue
- Number 33 - Balbriggan to City Centre via Swords Road (Collins Avenue Ext)
- Numbers 41/41B/41C - Swords to City Centre via Swords Road (Collins Avenue Ext)
- Number 44 - Collins Avenue Ext (Larkhill) to Enniskerry via City Centre
- Number 104 - Clontarf Road (Conquer Hill) via Vernon Ave, Donnycarney, Kilmore Road, Beaumont Hospital, Shanowen Road, Shanard Road (Santry)
Click here for Dublin Bus timetables
Click here for information on other Bus routes/operators in North County Dublin.
- Number 101 - Drogheda, Balbriggan, Dublin via the Swords Road
- Number 109A - Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin, Ratoath, Ashbourne, Airport, DCU
Click here for Bus Eireann timetables.
The terminus of the 17A bus is at Howth Junction Dart Station.
Drumcondra Train Station
Maynooth Station to Drumcondra Station via Leixlip, Castleknock, Coolmine and Ashtown areas
From Drumcondra train station, you can take the following buses to DCU: 1, 11, 16, 33, 41, 41B, 41C and 44
Heading Southbound on the M1
Proceed along the M1 until you come to the roundabout that intersects with the M50 (Junction 3). Proceed southbound along the M50 and take the Ballymun exit (Junction 4). Take a left and drive through Ballymun. Turn left at the Collins Avenue/Ballymun Road crossroads. DCU is located on Collins Avenue 500m on the right hand side.
Drive through the Westlink toll bridge and continue along the M50 until the Ballymun exit (Junction 4). Take the third exit and drive through Ballymun. Follow the directions for DCU as outlined above.
From city centre
Follow the airport road which takes you through Drumcondra along the N1, towards the M1. Continue past the junction for Griffith Avenue until you reach the junction at Whitehall. At this crossroads turn left onto Collins Avenue. DCU is 500m on the left hand side.
Last updated: April 2013. Information about buses/trains and directions are correct at this time.