Office of Civic Engagement
Prof Ronaldo Munck
|Name:||Prof Ronaldo Munck|
|Department:||Office of Civic Engagement|
Professor Ronnie Munck is Head of Civic Engagement at DCU and a Visiting Professor of Development Studies at the University of Liverpool. He has authored or edited more than 20 books on various topics related to globalisation, international development and social movements as well as over 100 academic journal articles. His books have been translated into French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Arabic, Korean, Turkish Chinese and Japanese. He serves on the editorial boards of a number of international journals including Globalizations, Global Social Policy, Global Labour, Labour History and Latin American Perspectives. He represents DCU on the board of the Centre for Cross Border Studies, on NorDubCo, the Ballymun and Whitehall Partnership, the Creative Dublin Alliance and on the Financial Development and General Strategic Policy Committee of Dublin City Council. He is the Irish representative on the Council of the Development Studies Association of UK and Ireland. He has acted as External Examiner at Cambridge University, the London School of Economics, University of Warwick, Queen's University Belfast, National University of Ireland Maynooth, the Open University, University of Sussex, University of Lancaster, University of Florence, Leiden University, Institute of Social Studies: The Hague. Professor Munck has led research consortiums around social engagement/innovation themes funded by The British Academy, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), The Nuffield Foundation, Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC), The Joseph Rowntree Foundation, Liverpool City Council, Trocaire, The Horizon Fund (EU), ESRC Seminar Series, EU Peace and Reconciliation Fund, EU Corporate Social Responsibility Project, Irish Congress of Trade Unions Equality Committee Project, EU AGIS framework, EU Science and Society framework, Enterprise Ireland, HEA/Irish Aid Programme of Strategic Co-operation. CurriculumVitae: https://www4.dcu.ie/sites/default/files/community/docs/CV_MUNCK_13-2.doc
Selected Peer Reviewed Journals
- Ronaldo Munck. 2013. The Precariat: A view from the South. Third World Quarterly, 34, 5, pp747-62.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2013. Malvinas: politics, territory and internationalism. 31, Global Discourse. 1, pp151-157.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2013. Beyond North and South: Migration, Informalization and Trade Union Revitalisation. Working USA. The Journal of Labour and Society. 14, 1, pp5-18.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2013. Global Crisis: Global Opportunity? Trade unions, migration and social transformation. Global Labour Journal. 4, 3, pp236-251.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2013. Migration, Citizenship and Work: The new problematic. Globalizations, 8, 3, pp249-260.
- with Mary Hyland. 2013. Migration, regional integration and social transformation: A North-South comparative approach. Global Social Policy, 0, 0, pp1-19.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2010. Globalisation and the Labour Movement: Challenges and Responses. 1,, pp218-232.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2010. Globalisation, Labour and Development: A view from the South., pp205-224.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2010. Globalisation, Migration and Work: Issues and Perspectives.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2010. Civic Engagement and Global Citizenship in a University Context. 9.1,, pp31-41.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2010. Globalization, Crisis and Social Transformation - A View from the South. Globalizations, 7,, pp235-246.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2009. University Strategic Planning and the Foresight/ Futures Approach., pp31-40.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2009. Looking to the Future: The Irish African Partnership Foresight Report.
- Bryan Fanning , Ronaldo Munck. 2008. Editorial. Translocations: The Irish Migration, Race And Social Transformation Review, 3,, pp1-4.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2008. Review: Multiculturalism and the integration agenda. Translocations: The Irish Migration, Race And Social Transformation Review, 3,, pp164-168.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2008. Globalisation, Governance and Migration: An Introduction.
- Bryan Fanning , Ronaldo Munck. 2007. Editorial: Migration, racism and integration: beyond vision vs. pragmatism?. Translocations: The Irish Migration, Race And Social Transformation Review, 2,, pp1-11.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2007. Review: Race and inequality: world perspectives on affirmative action. Translocations: The Irish Migration, Race And Social Transformation Review, 2,, pp202-207.
- Bryan Fanning , Ronaldo Munck. 2006. Editorial. Translocations: The Irish Migration, Race And Social Transformation Review, 1,, pp2-4.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2006. Review: Migration and its enemies: global capital, migrant labour and the nation-state. Translocations: The Irish Migration, Race And Social Transformation Review, 1,, pp201-202.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2006. Debate: Migration, development and human rights. Translocations: The Irish Migration, Race And Social Transformation Review, 1,, pp174-178.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2006. Globalisation and Contestation: A Polanyian Problematic. Globalizations, 3,, pp175-186.
- Ronaldo Munck. 2006. Global Civil Society: Royal Road or Slippery Path., pp325-332.
- Honor Fagan , Ronaldo Munck. 2009. Encyclopedia of Globalisation & Security. Economical & Political Aspects. Globalisation & Security: An Encyclopedia., Greenwood