Dr Annelies Kamp
|Name:||Dr Annelies Kamp|
|Work Area:||Academic Staff|
Dr Annelies Kamp is a sociologist who researches and teaches in the School of Education Studies. Annelies co-ordinates the Leadership Strand of the MSc in Education & Training Management. She also teaches and coordinates within the Bachelor of Education & Training. Annelies was nominated for the President's Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in 2011. Dr Kamp holds an Honorary Fellowship at Deakin University, Victoria, Australia and has held Ministerial appointments to the Adult, Community and Further Education Board in Victoria, Australia and the National Resource Centre for Adult and Community Education in New Zealand. Annelies has held senior management positions in a range of post compulsory education and training settings including roles with Skill New Zealand, the New Zealand Motor Industry Training Organisation and the Australian Pulp and Paper Industry Skill Development Unit. Most recently she was Strategy and Development Manager for Mission Australia, a leading third sector organisation. Dr Kamp is a graduate of Massey and Waikato Universities in New Zealand and Deakin University in Australia. She holds a Masters in Professional Education & Training (Workplace and Vocational); her doctoral research concerned networking and collaboration as a policy response for youth at risk of disengaging from education, training and employment. Her book 'Rethinking Learning Networks: Collaborative Possibilities for a Deleuzian Century' was published by Peter Lang in 2013. Her next book, a co-edited collection entitled 'A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st Century' will be published by Brill in 2014.
Annelies' research is focused on social theory and the intersection of education, training and employment. Her current research focuses on three themes: forms of workplace learning for young people in transition to employment; the teenage parent in education, and the formation and operation of education networks and partnerships. Approaches from research students in any of these arenas are welcome.
Selected Peer Reviewed Journals
- Kamp, A. Kelly, P. 2014. Once Were Young. Reflexive Hindsight and the Problem of Teen Parents. Journal Of Youth Studies, DOI:10.1080/13676261.2013.878790,
- Kamp, A. 2012. 'Experimentation in Contact with the Real': Networking with Deleuze & Guattari. International Journal Of The Humanities, 9,, pp165-176.
- Annelies Kamp , Fethi Mansouri. 2010. Constructing inclusive education in a neo-liberal context: promoting inclusion of Arab-Australian students in an Australian context. British Educational Research Journal, 36,, pp733-744.
- Kamp, A. 2009. Capitals and commitment: The case of a local learning and employment network. Discourse Studies, 30, 4, pp471-482.
- Annelies Kamp. 2009. Capitals and commitment. The case of a local learning and employment network.. Discourse: Studies In The Cultural Politics Of Education, 30,, pp471-482.
- Kamp, A., Mansouri, F. 2009. Constructing inclusive education in a neo-liberal context: promoting inclusion of Arab-Australian students in an Australian context. British Educational Research Journal, 36, 5, pp733-744.
- Mansouri, F., Kamp, A. 2007. Structural deficiency or cultural racism: The educational and social experiences of Arab-Australian youth. Australian Journal Of Social Issues, 42, 1, pp87-102.
- Annelies Kamp. 2005. On track to what? A Foucauldian analysis of a recent Victorian post-compulsory education policy initiative. Youth Studies Australia, 24,, pp39-45.
- Kamp, A. 2005. On Track to What? A Foucauldian analysis of a recent Victorian post-compulsory education policy intitiative. Youth Studies Australia, 24, 2, pp39-45.
- Annelies Kamp. 2003. Mature women and the New Zealand qualifications framework. realising the potential of recognising prior learning. International Edducation Journal, 4,, pp17-23.
- Kamp, A. 2003. Mature women and the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. Realising the potential of recognising prior learning. International Edducation Journal, 4, 1, pp17-23.
- Kelly, P. & Kamp, A.. A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st Century, Brill, 2014.
- Kamp, A. Rethinking Learning Networks: Collaborative Possibilities for a Deleuzian Century, Peter Lang Academic, 2013.
- Kamp, A. Education to employment: a Deleuzian study of networking for youth in transition from education to Employment, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2010.
- Kamp, A. 2014. Deleuze and the Teenage Mother: Troublemakers for Education and Transition. A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st Century, Brill
- Annelies Kamp. 2012. Collaboration in education: Lessons from Actor Network Theory. Towards Transformative Education, pp128-135., Sofia University
- Kamp, A. 2012. Collaboration in education: Lessons from Actor Network Theory. Towards Transformative Education (Bulgarian Edition), pp128-135., Sofia University
- Blackmore, J., Kamp, A. 2009. Education as a determinant of health and well-being. Understanding health: A determinants approach (2nd Ed), pp218-228., Oxford University Press
- Kamp, A., Angwin, J.A. 2007. Policy hysteria in practice: Teenage parents at secondary school in Australia. Learning from the margins: Young women, social exclusion and education, pp95-107., Routledge
Selected Non-peer Reviewed Journals
- Kamp, A. 2008. Migrant youth and the emerging educational settlement. Migration Action, 3, pp28-29.
- Harrison, L., Shacklock, G., Kamp, A., Angwin, J. 2004. Taking your baby to school: the Young Parents' Access Project at Corio Bay Secondary College. Redress, 13, pp10-13.
- Kamp, A, Policy, paradigms and partnership potential: Rethinking the governance of learning networks, American Educational Research Association: Education and Poverty. Theory, Research, Policy and Praxis, 27-APR-13 - 01-MAY-13, San Francisco, USA
- Kelly, P., Kamp, A, A Critical Youth Studies for the 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities, Limits and Possibilities, In: Professor Andy Furlong ed.New Agendas on Youth and Young Adulthood, 08-APR-13 - 10-APR-13, Glasgow, UK
- Kamp, A, Through education to employment: Exploring the possibilities for transformative workplace learning for young people in the post-Global Financial Crisis context, International Professional Development Association, 30-NOV-12 - 01-DEC-12, Birmingham, UK
- Kamp, A., Post-compulsory education and training meets Actor Network Theory: exploring the possibilities of 'reassembling the social', Education Studies Association of Ireland, 29-MAR-12 - 31-MAR-12, Cork, Ireland
- Kamp, A., Jobs 4 Kids. Networking and learning for youth within one regional economy in Victoria, Australia, 2nd International Conference on Networks, Learning and Entrepreneurship, 07-DEC-11 - 08-DEC-11, Waterford, Ireland
- Kamp, A, 'Experimentation in contact with the real': networking with Deleuze & Guattari, 9th International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, 08-JUN-11 - 11-JUN-11, Universidad de Granada, Spain
- Kamp, A, Local Learning and Employment Networks: a case study of partnership for educational purpose in Victoria, Australia, Education Studies Association for Ireland, 14-APR-11 - 16-APR-11, Dublin, Ireland
- Kamp, A, Taking the high road. Charcoal Lane's pathway through a successful youth, Service Skills Australia National Conference, 01-MAR-10 - 02-MAR-10, Sydney, Australia
- Kamp, A, Young Australians in 2008. Key and emerging issues, National School Leavers Conference, 02-SEP-09 - 03-SEP-09, Lorne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Into, out of and around theory, RMIT Student Conference, 01-NOV-08 - 01-NOV-08, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Social inclusion and youth, Social Inclusion and Youth, 29-OCT-08 - 29-OCT-08, Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Local Learning and Employment Networks: Why, how and what now?, Brotherhood of St Laurence Seminar Series, 25-SEP-08 - 25-SEP-08, Melbourne, Victoria
- Kamp, A, A case of productive entanglement? Researching a post compulsory learning network, British Educational Research Assocation Conference, 05-SEP-07 - 08-SEP-07, University of London, England
- Kamp, A, Constructing inclusive education in a neo-liberal regime: a case study from Australia, British Educational Research Association Conference, 05-SEP-07 - 08-SEP-07, University of London, England
- Kamp, A, Building a post compulsory education training and employment sector through teacher education, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 27-NOV-06 - 30-NOV-06, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Kamp, A, 'A teacher is here to ask for your help.' A story of schools, employers and networks, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 30-NOV-05 - 02-DEC-05, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Kamp, A, Learning in action, Bringing Learning to Life, 01-AUG-05 - 01-AUG-05, Geelong, Australia
- Kamp, A, Plenary, Deakin University Higher Degree Summer School, 01-FEB-05 - 03-FEB-05, Deakin University, Australia
- Kamp, A, On Track to what?, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 29-NOV-04 - 02-DEC-04, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, The disembodied apprentice: Reflections on a doctoral exchange, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 29-NOV-04 - 02-DEC-04, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Parenting students and policy silence, Youth Affairs Fringe Benefits Conference, 01-OCT-04 - 01-OCT-04, Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A. Ryan, A., Walking a political tightrope, TAFE Frontiers Flexible Learning Conference, 01-AUG-04 - 01-AUG-04, Melbourne, Australia
- Kamp, A, Response, New Ways of Working: Young People, Learning and Networking, 01-AUG-04 - 01-AUG-04, Geelong,Australia
- Angwin, J., Harrison, L., Shacklock, G., Kamp, A., How current 'policy hysteria' is enacted for teenage mothers at school, Learning From the Margins, 01-JUL-04 - 01-JUL-04, Deakin University, Australia
- Kamp, A, Doctoral presentation, Doctoral Exchange Conference, 01-APR-04 - 06-APR-04, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
- Kamp, A, Reactions and responses. The concept of learning networks, Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, 30-NOV-03 - 03-DEC-03, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Kamp, A, Community education for social change within a neo-liberal environment, Education and Social Action Conference, 30-NOV-99 - 04-NOV-99, University of Technology Sydney, Australia