Help & Support
The role of Subject Librarians
Academic support from the Library is provided by a team of Subject Librarians. Each member of the team has a specific responsibility to a faculty, school or centre. The team work closely with their designated schools to identify and meet the information needs of staff and students. They also:
- Ensure schools are kept abreast of library policies, developments and activities.
- Provide research advisory services to research students and staff.
- Teach information skills as part of existing modules and programmes.
- Provide research workshops for research students and staff.
- Collaborate with academic colleagues to embed information skills into the curriculum.
- Attend programme board meetings, are available to meet with student representatives and attend school staff meetings where appropriate.
|Business Librarian||Jack Hyland||700 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Education Librarian||Aisling McDermott||700 email@example.com|
|Engineering & Computing Librarian||Janice Hill||700 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Humanities and Social Sciences Librarian||Siobhán Dunne||700 email@example.com|
|Nursing Librarian||Amanda Halpin||700 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Oscail Librarian||Janice Hill||700 email@example.com|
|Science Librarian||Lisa Callaghan||700 firstname.lastname@example.org|