Filming on Campus
DCU has established a tradition for welcoming film and photography crews on campus whenever this is feasible and practicable. The university is currently registered with the Irish Film Board, where the range of locations on campus can be viewed on the gallery.
As a university which pioneered the development of teaching in communications, journalism and multimedia, we support and encourage film-makers and broadcasters. However, in order to minimise disruption to the day to day running of the university, the Communications and Marketing Office, in conjunction with the Estates Office, have set up a series of procedures to ensure that requests can be dealt with effectively.
Requests for filming
- Requests to view locations on campus should be made to the Communications and Marketing Office at least two days in advance.
- Requests to carry out filming should be made to the Communications and Marketing Office at least one week in advance. For films which involve cast and crew of over 20 people, we require preferably one month's notice.
Alison Molloy 01 7008517
- Proposed date of filming
- Duration of filming – start time, finishing time
- Name of company or individual
- Intended audience
- Proposed location(s)
- Number of cast and crew
- Equipment to be used – i.e. handheld cameras, lighting, generators, etc.
- Catering and other
- Car parking requirements
Once conditional permission to film has been granted, the university will require a certificate of Public Liability Insurance.
Final permission to film is dependent on approval of the Estates Office who will carry out a Health and Safety audit before granting a Permit to Work.