Current Academic Year 2013 - 2014
Please note that this information is subject to change.
This is the core module for the MSc in Management of Operations programme|
1. Discuss the importance of the principles and practice of selected topics in Operations Management including for example process design, inventory management, supply chain management|
2. Use a series of provided toolkits for designing and managing operations functions
3. Demonstrate the use of product and service development techniques
4. Discuss the principles of building a service system and how to improve of the processes of delivering these services.
5. Critically appraise the challenges managers face in a service organisation.
6. Critique managerial and technical insights to manage and operate service systems.
7. Determine how to provide an effective service using operations, marketing, and human resource management synergistically
8. Obtain an awareness of the entrepreneurial opportunities in services
9. Evaluate the principles and practice of operations strategy development and management
10. Determine a set of approaches required to formulate and execute an operations strategy
11. Appraise a series of frameworks for integrating the knowledge of various Operational Management activities and functions developed elsewhere in the programme
All module information is indicative and subject to change. For further information,students are advised to refer to the University's Marks and Standards and Programme Specific Regulations at: http://www.dcu.ie/registry/examinations/index.shtml
|Indicative Content and Learning Activities|
Management of Operations sub module.|
• Product and Process Design• New Product Development• Process, Layout and Flow• Job Design• Planning, Control and Scheduling• Capacity Management• Inventory Management• Just In Time• Quality Management• Total Quality Management.
Operations Strategy sub module.
• The two perspectives• Content and process• Time, trade-offs and targeting• Capacity, Configuration and dynamics• Supply relationships and behaviour• Choice and implementation• Organisation and role• Development and improvement• Product and service development• Fit, sustainability and risk.
Service Management sub module.
• Introduction to Service Operations Management• The service concept• Customer and Supplier relationships• Customer Expectations and Satisfaction• Managing Supply Relationships• Service Processes• Resource Utilisation• Performance Measurement and Management• Service Strategy and Culture.
|Indicative Reading List|
|Programme or List of Programmes|
|MOPSA||MSc in Management of Operations|
|MOPSAD||Graduate Dip in Mgtment of Operations|
|MOPSF||MSc. in Operations Management|
|PGSM||Single Module Postgrad. Prog. (Oscail)|
|Timetable this semester: Timetable for OSC10|
|Date of Last Revision||08-DEC-10|