Attention all non-EU postgraduate offer holders and new applicants intending to commence their studies at Dublin City University in Semester 1 2020/2021.
Commence your Masters degree programme on time
Dublin City University has launched a new ‘On Line/On Time’ initiative – in response to the unprecedented challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic - for non-EU students holding offers or conditional offers
This initiative allows non- EU students to commence their studies for their DCU Masters degrees ‘on line’ for the first semester from anywhere in the world – and complete the second semester in the DCU campus, allowing students to finish their degree ‘on time’
Postgraduate Academic Offering 2020
Learn more about the academic courses available at DCU for September 2020 entry.
DUBLIN CITY UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL
- DC 506 - MSc Electronic Commerce (Business)
- DC 510 - MSc Business Management
- DC 514 - MSc Management (Strategy)
- DC 511 - MSc Finance
- DC 516 - MSc Digital Marketing
- DC 526 - MSc International Accounting & Business
- DC 632 - MSc Human Resource Management
- DC 527 - MSc Global Management
DCU FACULTY OF ENGINEERING & COMPUTING
- DC 836 – MSc Computing
With majors in:
- Data Analysis
- DC 883 – MEng Electronic & Computer Engineering
With majors in:
- Advanced Data Networks
- Image Processing
- DC 896 – MSc Electronic & Computer Technology
- DC814 - MSc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- DC786 - MA Data Protection and Privacy Law
DCU FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- DC 648 – MA Public Policy
- DC 662 – Master of Laws
- DC 699 – MSc in Climate Change: Policy, Media and Society
- DC 700 – MSc in Translation Technology
- DC 663 – MA in Refugee Integration
- DC 615 – MA in Translation Studies
- DC 697 – MA in European Law and Policy
- DC614 – MA in Social Media Communications
- DC674 – MSc in Public Relations and Strategic Communications
- DC608 – MA in International Relations
- DC606 – MSc in Science and Health Communications
- DC629 – MA in International Security and Conflict Studies
- DC631 – MA in Political Communication
DCU FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND HEALTH
Offer holders and new applicants for 2020
At Dublin City University, we continually strive to place the student at the centre of the learning experience. This commitment is particularly important during the Covid-19 global pandemic where committing to previous plans, including education, is difficult.
Acknowledging your specific personal career and learning ambitions, we are proud you have chosen Dublin City University to realise them. Our commitment is to keeping you on track to achieve your dreams and provide you with a level of certainty and support in these unprecedented times.
Our 'On Line/On Time' initiative - specifically adapted for COVID-19 restrictions - will allow new students complete their Masters degrees in Dublin City University. This initiative means Non EU International students holding an offer or conditional offer, for entry into the Dublin City University for academic year 2020/2021, on degree programmes listed here may commence your studies in Semester 1 ON LINE at your home location.
Please review the information below and contact the International Office at Int.PG2020@dcu.ie to discuss your options.
You may then attend on campus in person at the University from Semester 2, to complete your programme of studies and dissertation/ final project, thereby concluding your postgraduate studies ON TIME.
For more information, please go to www.dcu.ie/international
Students must meet the following criteria as outlined below:
- Students must hold a valid offer or conditional offer for a place on the designated programme.
- Students must accept their offer on the Postgraduate Applications Centre (PAC) (Add Link) and pay their deposit by 1st June 2020
- Students must meet ALL entry requirements (including the conditions of their conditional offer).
- Students must pay 60% of the Course Fee before commencement of their studies
- Students must be a registered student of Dublin City University before commencement of their studies.
- Students must pay the remaining 40% of Course Fee before the commencement of Semester 2. All Scholarships and Bursaries will be included as part of the Semester 2 payment.
- Students must be available for orientation on campus before the commencement of Semester 2.
- Students will need to have access to a stable broadband internet service for the duration of their studies.
- Students will need to adhere to the course timetable and completion of assignments.
- Students will need to apply for and secure a student visa prior to the commencement of their online studies at Dublin City University. The Visa will be post dated and students can travel to Dublin from the 1st of December.
- Students will need to secure accommodation in Dublin for commencement of Semester
Further detailed information is available in the offer letter and also on our website
See what our students say about us...
I always wanted to be an accountant and at school, my accounting teacher informed me that the BA course in Accounting & Finance in DCU would be the best course I could choose. "The staff at DCU helped me a lot with library resources, computer facilities as well as student support. And that made me feel very welcome. "I would definitely recommend DCU because the staff are friendly and the facilities are brilliant, and Dublin is a great city
My DCU experience was such a rewarding one. It was one of seizing opportunities in both an academic and an extra-curricular sense. Being able to travel, meet new people, run a society and give back to the community, are some of the aspects that made my time in DCU a fulfilling one. DCU’s support even continued after my degree where I was offered a position to work alongside some of my previous lecturers as the Economics Teaching Assistant of the DCU Business School for one year. I now look forward to starting my traineeship in the law firm of my choice, something that was only a dream at the beginning of my four years, but has now become a reality due to the investment of time, care and opportunity that DCU gives to its students
Trina Dzidonu (Nigeria) - Recipient of the DCU Chancellor’s Medal for achieving excellence in both academic and extracurricular activities.
Aside from the undergraduate course that prepares one’s IQ, DCU also keeps me grounded with an internship and puts my skills to the test. All of these are necessary experiences before one can excel in his/her career. Ireland also has a lot of beautiful landscapes all over the island which are perfect getaway destinations. DCU, although being a young university, has proven its excellence over the past years. What attracted me to DCU, aside from it’s reputation, was its location. In short, DCU students have the best of both worlds, the vibrant city life and enriching campus life.
Jessie Tan Xi Le (Malaysia)
The reason I choose DCU over others is that it is a famous university and one among the top-ranked in Dublin, it is a young university so it is more energetic. Helpful staff who are always ready to help me during my admissions and VISA process. The University has a great campus and good facilities for sports also for students who love to play. DCU provides a dynamic, innovative and challenging environment in which one can create and nurture their true potential.
Abhishek Singh Rathor (India)