Further Study - Abroad
It is a very good time to consider furher study abroad. Most EU countries now offer free Postgraduate Fees , many of which are taught through English, particularly the Netherlands, Scandinavia. Eastern European countries are also becoming more attractive due to free fees and lower living costs. Other issues to consider are:
- Can I adjust to a different course structure and culture?
- Is the qualification appropriate to my future plans?
It's important to check out the application deadlines and processes which can be different to Irish Institutions.
See our guides to:
- The careers library here in DCU provides online and other material relating to further study in the UK, the USA and many other countries
- Prospects provide specific country information for 40 countries on working and studying abroad
- Hobsons make use of a user-friendly world map allowing you to click on a country in which you are interested in studying
- StudyOverseas.com is a good website dedicated to giving free advice to students worldwide who are considering an international education
- The University of Innsbruck offers an excellent world-wide searchable database of more than 6500 universities in 175 countries
- The European University Central Application Support System is a site you should definitely visit if you're thinking of Postgraduate Study in the EU.
- If you want to study in Australia have a look at StudiesInAustralia.com for all the information and advice you will need