Food Charter | Restaurants & Catering
DCU Glasnevin Campus
Trispace Catering is committed to providing food to its customers that is safe, nutritious and culturally appropriate.
In practice this has a direct effect on how we prepare food and how we present information about our food to you the customer.
The following is a list of our practices and information that will help inform your food choices
- Our kitchens operate using a Food Safety Management system
- The Food Safety Management system has a series of checks to help prevent food becoming unsafe.
- Our Scones are made freshly on the premises daily
- Our tray bakes (i.e. oat crunchie, chocolate biscuit cake etc.) are made on the premises
- A hot dessert with custard is available daily during the academic year
- At least one Soup Choice per day is made without Flour
- Our Soups are prepared with a low salt stock
- Our Beef and Lamb is 100% Irish and is fully traceable
- Halal Meats are sourced from fully credited meat suppliers
- Halal Chicken is available on our sandwich counter
- Each day at least one hot meal choice is available using Halal Meat
- Ethnic dishes are prepared with integrity with key ingredients when available, alternatively, complementary substitutes are used
- Nuts/Seeds and common allergens are stored in separate containers
- Our menus describe the allergens present.
- Food dishes that exclude the common allergens are prepared in a kitchen with the allergens present in the environment
- Our menus have symbols denoting what common allergens are absent from the dish, but please note these dishes are prepared in a kitchen with allergens present
- We favour baking, grilling and steaming food over deep frying
- We link vegetables/potatoes/rice as an alternative to chips in food choice promotions
- Fish is available in at least one of the outlets on a daily basis and we work with our suppliers to ensure our fish is coming from sustainable sources
- Our menus are seasonally influenced to reflect the changing availability of locally produced food.
- We only use Bord Bia approved eggs
- The Fig Tree Cafe and the Business School Cafe hold Happy Heart Awards and follows strict criteria set down by the Irish Heart Foundation.
DCU St Patrick's Campus
DCU St Patrick's Campus information