Chemical Sciences - Adaptive Sensors Group
Patents and IP
The ASG is committed to commercialising scientific knowhow and intellectual property with suitable third parties through our commercialisation unit 'INVENT'. For general enquiries please contact- firstname.lastname@example.org
- USA patent ‘Ion-Selective Electrodes’ number 5,132,345; ‘Ion-Selective Electrodes’, granted July 21st 1992; to Stephen J. Harris, Anthony M. McKervey, Gyula Svehla and Dermot Diamond.
- Irish patent filed 10th December 1990 No.4444/90, ‘Ion-Selective Electrodes’, granted July 21st 1992; to Stephen J. Harris, Anthony M. McKervey, Gyula Svehla and Dermot Diamond.
- European Patent filed 10th December 1991 no. 91 311 462.5; published 17th June 1992 (no. 049631), ‘Ion-Selective Electrodes’, granted July 21st 1992; to Stephen J. Harris, Anthony M. McKervey, Gyula Svehla and Dermot Diamond.
- Chromogenic Ligands and Use Thereof in Optical Sensors, Stephen J.Harris, Michael Anthony McKervey and Dermot Diamond, European Patent Application, lodged 6th August 1993, No. S922577.
- Separation of Enantiomers, patent application no. S980221, Dermot Diamond and Stephen J. Harris, Irish Patent filed 24th March 1998, granted (no. S81950) effective from 17th October 2001.
- Calixarene Phosphine Oxides and Their use in Complexation of Ions, Dermot Diamond and Anthony M. McKervey, Irish patent application S990254 filed by DCU, 31st March, 1999
- "Multi-Way LED-Based Chemochromic Sensor", US patent CR-1409, Granted as USA 251251 William S. Yerazunis, Dermot Diamond, Paul H. Dietz, Filed September 20, 2002 by Mitsubishi Electronic Research Laboratories, Boston, USA.
- "Chemochromic Sensor and Method for Sensing a Chemochromic Reagent and Test Material", EU patent application 03748540.6-2204 (Japan Patent as JP 0311931), William S. Yerazunis, Dermot Diamond, Paul H. Dietz, Filed 18th September 2003 by Mitsubishi Denki Kabushiki Kaisha; filing date August 8th 2006, EP Application No., 06782720.4; date entered in EP November 16th 2007.
- Chinese Patent Application No. 03801569.2, Mitsubishi Electric Corporaiton and Dublin City University, "Chemochromic Sensor and Method for Sensing a Chemochromic Reagent and Test Material".
- A Method and System for Indicating Edible Quality of Foods and Equipment for Use Therein, Liam Byrne, Kim Lau, Steve Edwards and Dermot Diamond, Irish Patent, ref S2004/0542 filed 13th August 2004, granted under patent no. S84222, see: http://www.patentsoffice.ie/eRegister/register/PTRegister.asp?idappli=S84222.
- An Electrochemical Cell for a Microfluidic Device, Australian Provisional Patent No. 2005900459, Gordon Wallace and Dermot Diamond, filed 2nd February 2005.
- "Fuel-Cell Actuated Mechanical Device", Bill Yerazunis, King Tong Lau and Roderick L. Shepard, filed August 10, 2005, US Patent Application number 11/200,830.
- Photo-Switchable Surfaces with Controllable Physico-Chemical Properties, Dermot Diamond, Robert Byrne and Shannon Stitzel, US patent, Publication Number: WO/2007/030444, International Application No.: PCT/US2006/034532, Publication Date: 15.03.2007 International Filing Date: 06.09.2006.
- Self-Maintained Sensor using a Low Power Actuator, US Provisional Patent Application No.: 60/772,627, Dermot Diamond, Roderick Shepherd, Ciaran Smyth, Gordon G. Wallace,Geoffrey M. Spinks, Yanzhe Wu, filed February 13, 2006.
- Flow Analysis Apparatus and Method, King Tong Lau, Shirley Coyle, Yanzhe Wu, Gordon Wallace and Dermot Diamond, US Provisional Patent filed 5th February, 2007, No. 60/899590.