This short course will help you examine your own financial situation and introduce the basic financial skills.
Topics covered will include:
- How to do a spending diary at home
- Weekly, monthly and annual budgeting
- Financial planning for the future and setting goals
- Tips for saving on bills, groceries etc.
- Personal banking and online banking
- Understanding your payslip—tax, PRSI, USC
- Borrowing money, credit and dealing with debt
- Financial planning for special occasions (Christmas, birthdays, holidays)
The course is free of charge, and will be taught by an experienced personal finance tutor in DCU in the Community, Shangan Road, Ballymun, Dublin 9.
To book a place, please call Gemma on (01) 700 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download pdf leaflet: https://www4.dcu.ie/sites/default/files/community/pdfs/finance.pdf
The course is funded through Ulster Bank Community Impact Grant and Community Foundation for Ireland