Counselling and Personal Development Service
Welcome, we offer a Stepped Care Model Approach to Counselling and Personal Development and this is an outline of how it works
On registering with our service you'll be offered 'A Personal Development Information Pack' which contains:
- A "well-being Resource Planner" with accompanying evidence based tips for well-being and good health.
- A selection of recommended self-help books (bibliotherapy) listing with an accompanying worksheet.
- A listing of additional student support and development services which may be of help to you such as, student advice, learning support, financial assistance, medical assistance, practical occupational therapy, spiritual support etc.
- Stress and Anxiety - steps to understand and ways to help ease this experience
- Low Mood - steps to understand and ways to negotiate/ease this experience
- Loss Grief and Transition Support
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Lunchtime Series
- Participate Online - an online CBT course to help with social anxiety.
- One to One Counselling is offered according to urgency and when space becomes available.
- At peak times and during the two week study period following semester one and two, single session counselling appointments, with a follow-up appointment with the same counsellor, are also offered.
- If required you will be supported in accessing external professional services for example, psychiatric assessment.