MSc. International Accounting and Business
The DCU MSc in International Accounting and Business is the leading graduate programme of its kind in Ireland, an innovative partnership of accounting and business which is informed and shaped by the needs of the professionals of tomorrow.
The programme is designed for graduates to combine study for a Master’s degree while gaining business knowledge and skills, and exemptions from professional accounting examinations at the same time.
The one-year full-time Masters programme encourages critical thinking, teamwork and communication, analytical and managerial competence, and develops a diverse range of professional attributes which equip graduates to excel and to adopt leadership positions in their professional lives.
Successful completion of this programme will achieve significant professional accounting exemptions including six exemptions at F Level with ACCA and three exemptions at CAP 1 level with Chartered Accountants Ireland.
The programme aims to foster the student's ability to provide professional solutions based on a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between the various elements of accounting and business. This is increasingly important in today’s complex commercial environment.
- The programme is designed in conjunction with both leading industry and academic experts.
- Subject matter incorporates both professional and applied business material as well as an analytics component.
- Lectures are delivered by experienced experts from academia, industry and practice, facilitating graduates with the most up-to-date theory and practice.
- Select between a dissertation and an applied research project, where students can gain applied knowledge through real work with assigned industry clients.
- Participate in an interactive, supportive, multicultural learning environment.
- Gain generous exemptions from globally recognised professional accounting bodies such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Accountants Ireland.
- Graduates will be well positioned for success in advanced professional accounting examinations, or may utilise the knowledge and skills gained to develop a more general career in business.
Dublin City University is a comparatively young but ambitious institution that has forged a reputation as Ireland's University of Enterprise, through its strong, active links with academic, its research and its industry partnerships at home and overseas.
Our solid industry relationships have allowed us to instil an enterprising culture into our postgraduate courses which has resulted in DCU Business School’s reputation as being Ireland’s most innovative business school.
We provide a unique learning environment where students are encouraged to develop their creativity and skills as innovators.
The quality of our teaching, our small class sizes, our high levels of industry engagement make us stand out, and have been recognized by AACSB, the oldest and most prestigious global accrediting body for business schools.
DCU graduates are highly sought after in the job market, with many going on to pursue management roles in organisations both at home and abroad.
DCU Business School has a long track record of producing high calibre graduates in accounting. Graduates of the MSc in International Accounting and Business will have a strong combination of technical accounting and general business skills. They will be attractive to leading international accounting firms as they can achieve generous exemptions from the globally recognised Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Accountants Ireland. They will also be attractive to national and international employers seeking to recruit graduates who can make significant contributions to discussions and decisions that have a financial dimension, even when these graduates are employed in roles other than accounting.
General Entry Requirements
The minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
- A Second Class Honours Grade 1 Degree (H2.1) (NFQ Level 8 or international equivalent) in any discipline.
- Students with the equivalent of a high Second Class Honours Grade 2 Honours Degree (H2.2) (NFQ Level 8 or international equivalent) in any discipline, may be considered.
- Students with significant appropriate work experience and other relevant educational achievements who do not meet the normal entry criteria may also be considered for admission to the programme.
- International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language. More information about the English language requirements of DCU Business School can be found here.
How to Apply and Closing Dates
Make an Application
All applicants should apply through www.pac.ie.
- Search for course code DC526.
- Academic Transcripts for each and every year of study with English translation if applicable.
- Personal statement of 250 words maximum, outlining :
(i) why the candidate is applying for the programme.
(ii) how the programme will contribute to the candidate's career trajectory.
- Please include your CV and details of relevant experience.
- Where relevant, evidence of competence in the English language as per entry requirements of DCU Business School. Please see link http://www.dcu.ie/registry/english.shtml.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or until:
- Closing date for non EU applicants is 10th July 2020
- Closing date for EU applicants is 16th September 2020.
Note applicants who require a study visa for the purposes of studying at DCU, are advised to apply as early as possible.
Queries from EU applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries from non EU applicants should be directed to email@example.com
Commencement of Programme
The programme commences in September 2020
Fees & Payments
An Automated Telephone system is available 24 X 7 on the following number 01-253-0219. This number is for Student Fee payments only and you or a third party are required to have your student ID number, date of birth and a card on which the payment is to be made.
International students are advised to use our Pay to Study platform which is an easier and safer way to pay fees.
MSc in International Accounting and Business Course Fees
|Course||Student Contribution||EU Status Fee||Non EU Fees|