MSc in Investment, Treasury & Banking
Master of Science in Investment, Treasury & Banking
DCU's MSc in Investment, Treasury and Banking is a part-time postgraduate programme aimed at people working in financial services who wish to deepen their knowledge of financial markets and products.
The programme explores the roles of the various participants in the financial markets, the competitive structure of the markets, and the regulatory environment. It also examines how to price and hedge financial products and measure the risk of such products, both in isolation and in portfolios.
Students who complete the DCU MSc in Investment, Treasury and Banking programme will understand how value is created in financial markets and will be equipped to apply this understanding in their work.
Why do this course?
- Wednesday evening classes are delivered in the IFSC to ensure minimal disruption, while Saturday morning classes are delivered on the DCU Glasnevin campus.
- Sponsored Prizes include the Fionán Coleman Prize which is awarded by the National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA) to the student obtaining the highest mark in the Fixed Income Securities module, and the KKR Prize for the best student in Banking
- A participatory and action-learning teaching approach consisting of case studies, problem-solving, participant experience and class discussion
- Learn from academic experts with high level industry relevant experience and translational research. This ensures graduates have the most up-to-date knowledge of theory and practice
- DCU Business School is accredited by AACSB, a standard reached by only 5% of business schools worldwide reflecting its established international reputation for high quality graduates.
"My job entails day to day management of our bond portfolios and foreign exchange exposures/requirements. The M.Sc. gave me an appreciation and understanding of financial markets and asset management, from the various underlying economic fundamentals and their interactions, to strategy and asset allocation. It provided me with the necessary knowledge to access, make and implement individual investment decisions."
Gareth Henson, Senior Investment Analyst, Fixed Income & Treasury, Friends First Asset Management
The programme objectives are:
- To develop students' understanding of the concepts and theories which underpin markets and products
- To enable students to price, hedge and manage the risk embedded in financial products
- To equip students to create value in investment, treasury and banking environments.
View the current course structure →
Since it began in 1990, the MSc in Investment, Treasury & Banking has established a strong reputation as the leading graduate finance programme in Ireland. Many of its graduates are working in senior positions in the Irish Financial Services Centre (IFSC), in non IFSC-based financial services, in the United Kingdom, the USA and Japan.
The reputation of the programme attracts highly motivated students who, on graduation, are much sought after by the industry in Ireland and abroad. What's more, this degree will add long-term value to your career since top academic qualifications increasingly are factored into organisations' recruitment of senior staff.
General Entry Requirements
Programme Entry Requirements
The following are eligible to apply for the programme:
Those who hold an honours degree in Business;
Those who hold an honours degree in a discipline other than Business and are employed in the financial services industry;
Those who hold other qualifications (including professional qualifications) and have worked in the financial services industry for at least three years.
On the basis of previous experience, it is expected that there will be many more applicants for the programme than places available. Eligible applicants will be ranked on academic attainment and relevant work experience.
The programme commences with a compulsory Orientation Session, which takes place the week before the standard University commencement date.
How to Apply and Closing Dates
Make an Application
All Applicants must submit
- Certified academic transcripts for each and every year of study, with certified English translations if applicable
Non Native English Speakers must also submit
- Evidence of English competency which meets DCU Business School entry requirements - see link
Dates for Submission of Applications
Please note if you are a non EU student and require a study visa, you are not eligible to apply for part-time programmes as study visas are only granted for full-time programmes.
Please note that the running of the programme is subject to a minimum enrollment number.
Fees & Payments
An Automated Telephone system is available 24 X 7 on the following number 01-253-0219. This number is for Student Fee payments only and you or a third party are required to have your student ID number, date of birth and a card on which the payment is to be made.
International students are advised to use our Pay to Study platform which is an easier and safer way to pay fees.
Master of Science in Investment, Treasury & Banking Course Fees
|Course||Student Contribution||EU Status Fee||Non EU Fees|