MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership)
MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership)
The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) is a specialist postgraduate programme designed to provide participants with aviation knowledge in all key aviation sectors combined with an education in strategic management.
The teaching faculty possess academic expertise and a wealth of industry experience, with many having backgrounds across all branches of the industry - airlines, airports, ATC and regulatory offices.
The programme’s Guest Lecture series exposes students to leading aviation managers’ views of the important current issues in aviation and the challenges facing senior aviation managers.
Why do this course?
- Learn from academic experts, who reflect leading thinking and latest practices through their teaching, drawing on their continuing research from work with organisations.
- Develop a substantial personal network of business contacts across the industry from amongst your fellow students as well as previous graduates of the programme.
- Attend lectures part-time by block release over two days on each month of the academic term, minimising disruption to your work and personal life.
- Avail of a participatory and action-learning teaching approach consisting of case studies, problem-solving, participant experience and class discussion.
- Write a substantial research dissertation that will analyse and seek solutions to issues in contemporary aviation.
- Home to the Dublin Aviation Institute, DCU has built a strong reputation within the aviation industry since launching the innovative BSc in Aviation Management (with Pilot Studies) in 2009, which has grown in stature and influence in the industry.
- DCU Business School is accredited by AACSB, a standard reached by only 5% of business schools worldwide reflecting its established international reputation for high quality graduates.
- Assessment of each module will be by competency test, continuous assessment (including project work) or a combination of these elements. There are no final exams.
The objectives of the programme are to provide graduates with the knowledge to:
- An understanding of the complex coordination needed of the various components of airport operations
- The important leadership and management competencies required to plan and execute an aviation industry strategy
- An understanding of the characteristics, the requirements and the legal aspects of aviation organisations
- The skills needed to undertake business analysis and strategic thinking
- The ability to lead and initiate professional and research activity independently or as part of an aviation management team
- An ability to take a leading role in the future development of the aviation industry
Modules taught in this course include:
- Aviation Governance & Regulation
- Aviation Leadership
- Airport Operations Management
- Airline Management
- Leadership and Change
- Delivering Performance Excellence
- Strategy Organisation and Innovation
- Research Methods plus dissertation
Dublin City University is a comparatively young but ambitious institution that has forged a reputation as Ireland's University of Enterprise, through its strong, active links with academic, its research and its industry partnerships at home and overseas.
Our solid industry relationships have allowed us to instil an enterprising culture into our postgraduate courses which has resulted in DCU Business School’s reputation as being Ireland’s most innovative business school.
We provide a unique learning environment where students are encouraged to develop their creativity and skills as innovators.
The quality of our teaching, our small class sizes, our high levels of industry engagement make us stand out, and have been recognized by AACSB, the oldest and most prestigious global accrediting body for business schools.
DCU graduates are highly sought after in the job market, with many going on to pursue management roles in organisations both at home and abroad.
With the ever increasing emphasis on delivering excellence in aviation, there will be important roles for talented and qualified individuals. The aviation industry is expanding in Ireland and internationally. Students of the programme have been drawn from management and senior management mainly in the aviation industry and will be seeking to accelerate their careers after graduation.
General Entry Requirements
- Candidates should hold an honours primary degree (H2.1) or an equivalent professional qualification (ATCO; CPL); combined with 3 years of work experience in the aviation industry.
- If an applicant does not hold a primary degree, but has sufficient and relevant working experience (more than 5 years in the aviation industry), a special case for acceptance may be submitted.
- Recent graduates (with less than 3 years relevant work experience or with work experience in a different industry) who have the equivalent of first class honours degree will be considered.
- Applicants who have not yet finished their degree are not eligible to apply.
- International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language. More information about the English language requirements for DCU Business School can be found here.
How to Apply and Closing Dates
Make an Application
- All applicants should apply through www.pac.ie.
- Search for course code DC525 for full time / DC519 for part time
- Academic Transcripts for each and every year of study with English translation if applicable.
- Please include your CV and details of at least three years relevant experience.
- Where relevant, evidence of competence in the English language as per DCU entry requirements see link http://www.dcu.ie/registry/english.shtml.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or until:
- Closing date for non EU applicants is 12th July 2019.
- Closing date for EU applicants is 31st July 2019.
Note applicants who require a study visa for the purposes of studying at DCU, are advised to apply as early as possible. If you need a study visa and are a Non EU student, you are not eligible to apply for part time programmes as study visas are only granted for full time programmes.
Queries from EU applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries from non EU applicants should be directed to email@example.com
Commencement of Programme
The programme commences in September 2019.
Fees & Payments
An Automated Telephone system is available 24 X 7 on the following number 01-253-0219. This number is for Student Fee payments only and you or a third party are required to have your student ID number, date of birth and a card on which the payment is to be made.
International students are advised to use our Pay to Study platform which is an easier and safer way to pay fees.
MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) Course Fees
|Course||Student Contribution||EU Status Fee||Non EU Fees|