MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership)
MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership)
The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) is a specialist postgraduate programme designed to provide participants with aviation knowledge in all key aviation sectors combined with an education in strategic management.
The teaching faculty possess academic expertise and a wealth of industry experience, with many having backgrounds across all branches of the industry - airlines, airports, ATC and regulatory offices.
The programme’s Guest Lecture series exposes students to leading aviation managers’ views of the important current issues in aviation and the challenges facing senior aviation managers.
Why do this course?
- Learn from academic experts, who reflect leading thinking and latest practices through their teaching, drawing on their continuing research from work with organisations.
- Develop a substantial personal network of business contacts across the industry from amongst your fellow students as well as previous graduates of the programme.
- Attend lectures part-time by block release over two days on each month of the academic term, minimising disruption to your work and personal life.
- Avail of a participatory and action-learning teaching approach consisting of case studies, problem-solving, participant experience and class discussion.
- Write a substantial research dissertation that will analyse and seek solutions to issues in contemporary aviation.
- Home to the Dublin Aviation Institute, DCU has built a strong reputation within the aviation industry since launching the innovative BSc in Aviation Management (with Pilot Studies) in 2009, which has grown in stature and influence in the industry.
- DCU Business School is accredited by AACSB, a standard reached by only 5% of business schools worldwide reflecting its established international reputation for high quality graduates.
The objectives of the programme are to provide graduates with the knowledge to:
- An understanding of the complex coordination needed of the various components of airport operations
- The important leadership and management competencies required to plan and execute an aviation industry strategy
- An understanding of the characteristics, the requirements and the legal aspects of aviation organisations
- The skills needed to undertake business analysis and strategic thinking
- The ability to lead and initiate professional and research activity independently or as part of an aviation management team
- An ability to take a leading role in the future development of the aviation industry
Dublin City University is a comparatively young but ambitious institution that has forged a reputation as Ireland's University of Enterprise, through its strong, active links with academic, its research and its industry partnerships at home and overseas.
Our solid industry relationships have allowed us to instil an enterprising culture into our postgraduate courses which has resulted in DCU Business School’s reputation as being Ireland’s most innovative business school.
We provide a unique learning environment where students are encouraged to develop their creativity and skills as innovators.
The quality of our teaching, our small class sizes, our high levels of industry engagement make us stand out, and have been recognized by AACSB, the oldest and most prestigious global accrediting body for business schools.
DCU graduates are highly sought after in the job market, with many going on to pursue management roles in organisations both at home and abroad.
With the ever increasing emphasis on delivering excellence in aviation, there will be important roles for talented and qualified individuals. The aviation industry is expanding in Ireland and internationally. Students of the programme have been drawn from management and senior management mainly in the aviation industry and will be seeking to accelerate their careers after graduation.
General Entry Requirements
Candidates should hold an honours primary degree (H2.1) or an equivalent professional qualification; and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Given the nature of the programme, consideration will be given to a small number of students who do not meet the normal entry criteria for admission to the programme on the basis of their work experience and other relevant educational achievements.
For further details please click here
The selection process of applicants may include an interview.
The programme commencesere with a compulsory Orientation Session, which takes place the week before the standard University commencement date.
How to Apply and Closing Dates
Make an Application
All Applicants must submit
- Certified academic transcripts for each and every year of study, with certified English translations if applicable
- Detailed CV outlining three or more years of relevant professional experience
Non Native English Speakers must also submit
- Evidence of English competency which meets DCU Business School entry requirements - see link
Apply online through the Postgraduate Applications Centre (http://www.pac.ie/dcu) by 31st July 2018 for the September 2018 intake.
Apply online through the Postgraduate Applications Centre (www.pac.ie/dcu) by 10th July 2018 for the September 2018 intake. Please note that if you require a study visa for the purposes of entering Ireland, you are not eligible to apply for part time programmes.
Applicants should apply thorugh (http://www.pac.ie/dcu) using PAC Code DC525 (Full Time) - DC519 (Part Time)
Queries on completed applications can be made by e-mail to email@example.com
Fees & Payments
E-Payments are the most efficient way to pay your fees — just register on on our payment platform at dcu.studentfees.ie and you can pay from there. All credit cards/debit cards, except American Express, are acceptable. Please note however a daily limit of €1,500 applies to all debit cards. For complete information about payment methods & schedules, download the DCU fees booklet 2017/18.Register/Pay Online
MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) Course Fees
|Course||Delivery Mode||EU Status Fee||Non EU Fees|
|DC519||MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership)||Full Time||€10,000||€19,000|
|DC519||MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) (2 years)||Part Time||€6,000||€12,000|