The Centre for Talented Youth, Ireland - Upcoming Events
Creativity - What it is, what it isn't, and how to get more of it
Presentation by Jonathan Plucker, Psychologist and Professor of Talent Development at CTY, JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY
CTYI were delighted to have Prof. Jonathan Plucker at the Helix on the 30th of July 2019 to speak about Creativity. To a audience of over 400 parents, staff and students, Prof. Plucker discussed this highly valued 21st century skill. He asked how do we foster it? How can we even define it? Prof. Plucker talked about little C, big C and pro-C. The slides from Prof. Plucker's presentation are available below.
CTYI Book Launch
CTYI launched our newest publication, in collaboration with College of William and Mary on Saturday 25 November. The book, Providing for the Special Needs of Students with Gifts and Talents, is now available for purchase from the CTYI offices. A copy can be prepurchased by phone at a cost of €15.
In this collection of new essays, international experts in gifted education share their insight and experience, covering topical issues such as:
- curriculum development
- environmental influences that affect gifted children
- the provision of inclusive services at the local and national level
- networking for talented youth
- in- and out-of-school programmes
- working with very young advanced learners
- facilitating gifted students from low-income backgrounds
- supporting positive psychological growth and development
- motivating gifted students
Drawing on decades of academic research and professional experience, Providing for the Special Needs of Students with Gifts and Talents is essential reading for parents, educators and anyone who wants to make a difference in the lives of children with great potential.