The DCU Strategic Plan for Sport 2004-2014 states `The holistic approach to student development incorporates the positive contribution to the social, psychological and physiological health of all students. This incorporates the "Sport for All" philosophy. To fulfil this overall goal towards college development Sport at DCU has five objectives,'
- To promote participation in sport by as many students as possible
- To promote and increase participation in sport by as many staff members as possible.
- To promote participation through programmes and membership for Alumni and the wider community
- To facilitate the development of sports clubs.
- To support elite sportspersons.