Research Integrity Training Programme
DCU's Research Integrity Programme, jointly developed by Research and Innovation Support and the Graduate Studies Office, is delivered by DCU staff with expertise in research integrity issues.
The programme includes four training sessions, delivered throughout the academic year, and an online Research Integrity Module (available in 2018) which is a requirement for year-one research students.
Online Research Integrity Module
The online module (available in 2018), covers every stage of the research process, highlighting the issues that can arise while planning, conducting and reporting research. Available in five discipline areas and featuring a range of interactive activities, the course provides researchers with a better understanding of their obligations and responsibilities as researchers.
Note: The online Research Integrity module is compulsory for year-one research students and certificates will be issued to those who complete the course. This online module has not yet been launched.
In addition to the online module, DCU's Research Integrity Programme includes a series of complementary support sessions for research students to attend throughout the acadmic year. Registration for each of the training sessions is via the GSO Loop page.The full 2017-18 programme is available here with forthcoming dates listed below:
- 16th November 2017: Research Integrity: An Introduction
- 7th February 2018: Data Protection and Data Management
- 8th March 2018: Ethical Considerations and DCU's Ethical Review Process
- 11th April 2018: Dissemination of your Research, Authorship and Advocacy
- Online Research Integrity module (not yet available)
- Research Integrity Training Programme 2017-18
- National policy statement on Ensuring Research Integrity in Ireland (2014)
- The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity (2011)