Graduate Studies Office
- National Framework for Doctoral Education (2015), (Leagan Gaeilge/Irish Version)
- Innovation 2020 (DJEI, 2015)
- HEA Strategic Plan 2012-2016 (HEA, 2012), HEA Work Plan 2017
- Towards a Future Higher Education Landscape (HEA, 2012)
- Playing Our Part: Statement on Horizon 2020 (Forfás, 2012)
- Report of the Research Prioritisation Steering Group (Forfás, 2011)
- National Strategy for Higher Education to 2030 ("The Hunt Report") (HEA, 2011)
- The Role of PhDs in the Smart Economy (Forfás, 2009)
- Good Practice in the Organisation of PhD Programmes (IUQB, 2009)
- Irish Universities' PhD Graduates' Skills Statement, 2nd Edition (IUA, 2015)
- Towards a Framework for Researcher Careers (Forfás, 2008)
- Promoting Enterprise-Higher Education Relationships (Forfás, 2007)
- Review of Higher Education in Ireland (OECD, 2004)
UK / European Publications:
- VITAE Researcher Booklets
- Collaborative Doctoral Education in Europe: research partnerships and employability for research (EUA, 2015)
- The European Higher Education Area in 2012: Bologna Process Implementation Report (EC, 2012)
- Report of Mapping Exercise on Doctoral Training in Europe - Towards a common approach (EC, 2011)
- Careers of Doctorate Holders: Employment and Mobility Patterns (OECD, 2010)
- Salzburg II Recommendations for improving doctoral education in Europe (EUA, 2010)
- Europe 2020 Flagship Initiative Innovation Union (EC, 2010)
- Vitae Researcher Development Framework (2009)
- Doctoral Programmes in Europe’s Universities: Achievements and Challenges (EUA, 2007)
- Doctoral Programmes for the European Knowledge Society (EUA, 2005)
- Salzburg Conclusions (EUA, 2005)
- European Charter for Researchers – The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (EC, 2005)
Other Articles of Interest:
- Taking the technologists to the marketplace (Irish Times, 2012)
- PhDs leave the ivory tower (Nature, 2012)
- Education in Brazil - Studying the World (The Economist, 2012)
- Neumann, R., & Tan, K.K. (2011) From PhD to initial employment: the doctorate in a knowledge economy. Studies in Higher Education, 36(5), 601-614.
- Cyranoski, D., Gilbert, N., Ledford, H., Nayar, A. & Yahia, M. (2011) Education: The PhD factory, Nature, 472, 276-279.
- VITAE (2011) What do researchers do? Career paths of doctoral graduates, Vitae.
- CGS (2007) Banff Principles on Graduate Education, US Council of Graduate Schools.
- LERU (2010) Doctoral Degrees beyond 2010, League of European Research Universities.
- DFG (2010) 20 Years of Research Training Groups - Matrix for New Doctoral Cultures: Innovative, Interactive, International, Deutsche Forschung Gemeinschaft.
Useful External Links:
- Higher Education Authority (HEA)
- Irish Universities Association (IUA)
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI)
- EURAXESS Researcher's Mobility Portal Ireland
- Irish Research Council
- Education in Ireland
- Enterprise Ireland (EI)
- IDA Ireland
- Science Foundation Ireland (SFI)
- Health Research Board (HRB)
- Fullbright Comission in Ireland