Research Integrity Training Programme for Research Students
The programme includes a number of online training sessions delivered during the academic year, and an online research integrity training module which year-one research students* are required to complete.
* With the exception of Doctor of Education (EdD) students who are required to complete the programme in year-3 of registration
This programme includes:
Online Research Integrity Training Module (Epigeum)
The online module covers every stage of the research process, highlighting the issues that can arise while planning, conducting and reporting research. Participants are required to pass the online module by April 30th 2021.
Available in five discipline areas and featuring a range of interactive activities, the course provides researchers with a better understanding of their obligations and responsibilities as researchers. On passing the online module, participants can print a certificate of completion.
Online Information Sessions 2020-21
Recordings and supporting materials are available from the GSO Loop page.
- Nov 26th: Introduction to Research Integrity (compulsory session for year-one research students).
- Dec 2nd: Research Publication: Dissemination & Authorship Issues.
- Additional Session:
Dec 9th: Navigating Research in a Pandemic
- Spring/Semester two 2021: Data Management & GDPR
- Spring/Semester two 2021: Research Ethics Considerations and DCU's Research Ethics Review Process
Useful links and supporting documentation
- GSO Loop page (slides & recordings from previous sessions)
- Link to online module on Loop
- Research Integrity Programme 2020-21
- The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity (2017)
- Policy Statement on Ensuring Research Integrity in Ireland (2019)