Research Integrity Training Programme for Research Students
The programme includes a number of online training sessions delivered during the academic year, and an online research integrity training module which research students* are required to complete.
This programme includes:
Online Research Integrity Training Module (Epigeum)
The online module covers every stage of the research process, highlighting the issues that can arise while planning, conducting and reporting research. Participants are required to pass the online module by April 30th 2021.
Available in five discipline areas and featuring a range of interactive activities, the course provides researchers with a better understanding of their obligations and responsibilities as researchers. On passing the online module, participants can print a certificate of completion.
Online Information Sessions 2020-21
Recordings and supporting materials are available from the GSO Loop page.
- Feb 25th 2021: Data Management & GDPR
- Dec 9th 2020: Navigating Research in a Pandemic
- Dec 2nd 2020: Research Publication: Dissemination & Authorship Issues.
- Nov 26th 2020: Introduction to Research Integrity (compulsory session for year-one research students).
Useful links and supporting documentation
- GSO Loop page (slides/recordings/supporting documentation from previous sessions)
- Link to online module on Loop
- The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity (2017)
- Policy Statement on Ensuring Research Integrity in Ireland (2019)