How to get to DCU
DCU is located a short distance from Dublin city centre, Dublin Airport and the M50 and M1 motorways. The campus is bordered by Ballymun Road and Collins Avenue. Click here for Route Finder
View DCU in a larger map
DCU is serviced by the following buses which stop outside the University at the Ballymun Road and Collins Ave entrances, or near to the university with stops on the Swords Road and Glasnevin Avenue.
Routes servicing DCU include: 3, 4, 11, 11A, 11B, 13, 13A, 16, 16A, 17A, 19A, 33, 41, 41B, 41C, 46X, 103, 104 and 105.
- 3, 4, 11, 11A, 11B, 13, 13A, 16 and 19A – to and from city centre
- 17A – from Kilbarrack to Finglas via Glasnevin Avenue
- 103 to and from Clontarf Dart Station via Collins Ave
- 105 – to and from Malahide via Collins Ave (operates during semester time only)
- 33 – to and from Balbriggan via Swords Road
- 41, 41B and 41C – to and from Swords via Swords Road
- 104 – from Clontarf Dart station to Cappagh Hospital via Swords Road
- 16A – from lower Rathfarnham to Dublin airport via Swords Road
- 46X comes from Dun Laoghaire (7.30am) via Donnybrook, Leeson Street and Drumcondra.
The following buses stop on O’Connell Street: 3, 4, 11, 11A, 11B, 13, 13A, 16, 16A and 19A.
Bus Eireann recently launched the new service from Navan – Ratoath – Dunshaughlin – Dublin Airport – DCU.
Details on the new 109A bus route are available from the Bus Eireann website: www.buseireann.ie
- 100X – Dundalk, Drogheda, Dublin via the Swords Road
- 101 – Drogheda, Balbriggan, Dublin via the Swords Road
The terminus of the 17A bus is at Howth Junction Dart Station. The 103 and 104 buses operate via Clontarf Dart Station
Drumcondra Train Station
Maynooth Station to Drumcondra Station via Leixlip, Castleknock, Coolmine and Ashtown areas
From Drumcondra train station, you can take the following buses to DCU: 3, 11, 11A, 11B, 16, 16A, 33, 41, 41B, 41C
Proceed along the M1 until you come to the roundabout that intersects with the M50 (Junction 3). Proceed southbound along the M50 and take the Ballymun exit (Junction 4). At the traffic lights on the roundabout, turn left and drive through Ballymun. Turn left at the Collins Avenue/Ballymun Road crossroads. DCU is located on Collins Avenue 500m on the right hand side.
Drive through the Westlink toll bridge and continue along the M50 until the Ballymun exit (Junction 4). At the traffic lights on the roundabout, take the third exit and drive through Ballymun. Follow the directions for DCU as outlined above.
From city centre
Follow the airport road which takes you through Drumcondra along the N1, towards the M1. Continue past the junction for Griffith Avenue until you reach the junction at Whitehall. At this crossroads turn left onto Collins Avenue. DCU is 500m on the left hand side.