Information Systems Services
Information Systems & Services (ISS) - how to rename a file
Information Systems & Services (ISS)
how to rename a file
- It may help to print this page.
- Open windows explorer
Hold down the windows key (between Ctrl and Alt) and the 'e' key
Select Start, Run
Enter explorer in the Open text box and click ok
- Navigate to where the file is so that you can see the icon
- Right click on the file and select Rename from the menu
- The file name will appear highlighted as below.
Do not click on the image.
Simply type the new file name e.g.file2.zip.DCU or e.g. file2.zip if you are reversing the process.
- Now click on the icon of the file. You will be presented with a dialogue box asking if you are sure.
- The icon of the file will change. If you rename a file to .DCU it will appear as below.
This is normal. If you are reversing the process the normal file icon will appear.