ISS Service Desk
Welcome to the Service Desk section of ISS.
We provide efficient and professional support of all the services offered by ISS to all DCU staff, students and alumni both on and off campus.
Our contact details including campus map are available on the main contact page.
Please see the full A-Z of all ISS services or search for the relevant service in the staff or student categories in the left hand menu.
Customer tickets are assigned a priority based on a number of criteria. A list of the priorities and examples can be found on the following link: Ticket Priorities
You can log a ticket with us HERE
If your call/request is not urgent please email your request to us.
Our e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. However we would encourage our customers to log tickets via our online ticketing system, as this will allow you to track the progress and status of your query.
- Your email will be automatically entered into our call logging system
- You will receive an automated reply email within 5 minutes with a case reference number for tracking. e.g. 
- Your call will be placed in our call queue and we will process it as soon as possible
- Depending on call volumes we aim to provide an update email within 3 hours (during business hours)
Service Desk - Phone Support
If your call/request is urgent please call us.
You can call us on: 01 - 700 5007
- We aim to answer all calls within 4 rings
- The ISS staff member answering your call should introduce themselves and the ISS department
- If needed (with your permission) we can make a remote connection to your machine for troubleshooting etc
- Your details will be taken and a call will be logged. You will receive an automated email with a case reference number for tracking and updates. e.g. [UJ159999]
- If your call can not resolved immediately it will be escalated to the relevant team within ISS
Service Desk - Remote Support
Most IT problems can be difficult to diagnose and fix. Over the phone it can be difficult to quickly diagnose a problem and implement the fix. So it was often necessary that we would need to make a desk side visit to resolve basic issues.
In addition DCU is a large campus. A lot of our time in the past was spent making our way to and from offices across campus. Add into the mix the busy schedules of everyone on campus and trying to find suitable appointment times and keeping to them. Desk side visits generally increase the length of time it takes us to resolve individual issues. In turn this reduces the number of issues we can resolve every week/month etc.
The advantages of using remote access are;
- Eliminates time wasted travelling across campus
- Removes the need to schedule appointment
- Improves communication between you and ISS support technician
- Quite often we can resolve your issue/query immediately
- You can watch and learn to see how the issue is resolved
- You may leave and lock your office while we continue to work on your machine
- We can remotely support both windows and macintosh machines
- This support is available to staff and students off campus also
Service Desk - Walk-in Support
If you need to call to one of our desks our locations and opening hours are available on the main contact page.