Click + Collect
Click + Collect service where you can request an item online from both of our libraries, O'Reilly Library and Cregan Library.
This service is available to all registered DCU students and staff.
You can request an item from either library and collect it from the library of your choice.
All print books traditionally available to borrow, plus DVDs and Education story sacks.
You may request 5 items at a time.
Items on loan and not on loan may be reserved.
Not included: Dissertations, reference material, newspapers, print journals and items in Special Collections & Archives.
- Where multiple copies are listed, one copy will be retained in the library to satisfy the Scan & Send service
- Non collection of items may affect your ability to place future requests
All currently registered DCU staff and students
Request an item via the Library Catalogue
- Search the Library Catalogue for the item you require
- If there is an Ebook available for a title, no available print copies will be supplied through the Click+Collect service. We encourage our users to avail of our online collection
- At the item record click on Reserve this item button
- Enter your staff/student Borrower Number and 4 digit PIN you use to access your Library Account
- Select which library you would like to collect the item from
- Click Reserve to confirm your request
Items on the shelf (Available in the library catalogue record)
- Within 48 hours for books available on the shelf and collected from the same site
- 72 hours for items requested from a different site
Items that are Out on Loan to another borrower
- Check the due date for its expected return
- You will receive an email when your item is ready for collection
When your request is ready for collection, we will send you an email to your DCU email account confirming its availability and the site for collection.
You may receive several emails if you request a number of items.
Check Opening hours for pick-up points section for details of when you can collect.
Please follow the signs to the pick-up points in both Libraries.
Item(s) will be available for collection for 5 working days after you receive a confirmation email.
If not collected after this time, they will be returned to the library shelves.
On arrival at either Cregan or O’Reilly, please follow directional and Covid related safety guidelines. In accordance with University Operations face coverings are required to be worn indoors from Monday 21st September.
- At the Pick-Up Point, requests will be handed out on presentation of your DCU ID card only.
- The item will have been pre-issued onto your account by library staff, so you do not need to borrow the item yourself when you collect it
- All loans will be issued for 3 weeks from the date of the received confirmation email
- You can nominate someone else to collect your books. To facilitate this, you must email us in advance with the name of your nominee. Nominees must present their own ID at the time of collection
Bring your items to the contactless Return Facility located in Cregan or O'Reilly. Our return facilities can receive material from both libraries.
From Monday 28th June 2021 Library books will no longer be quarantined before being reshelved.
We advise library borrowers to refrain from borrowing library material if they have any symptoms related to Covid 19. All borrowers should regularly wash their hands when using library material.
If symptoms occur after borrowing, we ask library users to comply with the following guidelines:
- Complete the 10-day isolation period (be 5 days fever free)
- Quarantine items for 72 hours after the isolation period before returning to DCU Library
No fines will apply for the late return of library material at this time.Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Return Facilities Opening Times & Locations
O’Reilly Library, Glasnevin Campus - Open 24/7
Cregan Library, St. Patrick's Campus - Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm
Located inside the Foyer on the ground floor
For the 2020/21 academic year, there is no limit on the amount of times books can be renewed
Go to My Library Account and select the loans you wish to extend and click renew to confirm.
Loans can now be renewed online before or after the due date.
Books reserved by another borrower will not be eligible for renewal.
Please be advised that DCU Library is taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our staff and library users
- When collecting your request(s), please wear a face covering upon entry and during the length of your visit. Please also adhere to the social distancing guidance of 2 metres as (per floor markings)
- Our staff will ensure that social distancing, regular cleaning and hand hygiene is maintained
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser on entering the library
- Only one person will be permitted entry per request and no more than three people will be allowed inside the library foyer at any one time