Creating Journal Alerts
Journal alert services allow you to keep up to date on the latest research in your field. You can create:
- Table of Contents Alerts: receive an alert whenever new articles from your favourite journals are published.
- Search Alerts: receive an alert whenever new articles on a particular topic are published.
- Citation Alerts: receive an alert whenever a key paper is cited. Available from Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar.
The easiest type of alerts to create and manage alerts are email alerts. Nearly all databases and academic search engines allow this.
Guides and tutorials
- Creating search and citation alerts with Google Scholar
- Web of Science: Saving your search & setting alerts
- JournalTOCs: get emails of the table of contents whenever a new issue of your favourite journals are published
If you would like to find out more about alerting services, or get help setting them up, contact your Subject Librarian.