Welcome to DCU Library
This page provides all the essential information you need to get started using the Library.
- The Library really is THE place to be if you want to study (alone or in a group), find reading list material and scholarly information for your assignments, write up assignments, print, scan, copy, borrow a laptop, attend a library class, sit and read in the Lounge and so much more…….
- We recommend you drop into your campus library and take a tour during your first two weeks in DCU to get yourself familiar with the wonderful resources, spaces, services and support available to you.
- Look out for our staff wearing red t-shirts who will help you find books, use our self-issue machines and generally ensure you get the most from your visit. And don’t forget to enter our competition to win an iPad!
Tours of O'Reilly Library, Glasnevin Campus and Cregan Library, St. Patrick's Campus will take place during Orientation Week and Week 1
Just drop into the Library and take a tour, no need to book..
Monday 11 - Thursday 14 and Monday 18 - Thursday 21 September 2017
Meet at the Reception Desk in O'Reilly Library or Cregan Library.
Demos for Photocoping & Printing - O'Reilly Library, Glasnevin Campus
ISS Staff will demonstrate how to use the photocopiers and printers after the library tours,
your tour guide will bring you to the Photocopier area on Ground Floor.....
- Opening Hours
Check out the library Opening Hours
- ID card
Your DCU ID card is also your Library card. Carry your ID card with you at all times.
Daily access cards are availble if you forget your ID card. You cannot borrow material with a daily access card.
You use your ID card to
- Enter and Exit the library through the access gates
- Borrow, return and renew material at the Self-Issue Machines
- Borrow, renew and pay fines at the Issue Desk
- Log on to printer/photocopier machines
- Borrow laptops
- Password and PIN
Your DCU username and password are given to you at Registration.
You will need it to
- log in to PCs in the Library
- access the Eduroam wireless network
- book a group study room via the library website
- access the library's electronic resources (e-journals & e-books)
If you forget or lose your username and password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or bring your student card to the ISS Desk.
Your Library PIN will be sent to you by e-mail at your DCU e-mail address.
You will need it to
- access and manage your Library Account via the catalogue or library website
- reserve books or renew current loans
If you forget your PIN please ask library staff at the Service Desks
- Printing, Copying & Scanning
Information on the Printing & Photocopying page
- Borrow, Return & Renew
All the information you need on the Borrow and Renew page
- Floor Plans
What's on each floor of O'Reilly Library and Cregan Library
- Library staff wearing red t-shirts will be roving in the library helping students settle in for the first 2 weeks
- Information Services
If you have any questions please ask us at Information Services
- Information Systems Services Desk
ISS staff will help you with all IT questions, WiFi access, printing, copying, scanning and laptop loans, more information here
- Library Quick Guide
DCU Library quick guide available here
- Subject Librarians
The Subject Librarian Team gives academic support to all students
- Subject Guides
Our Subject Guides are designed to help you delve into your subject by bringing together some of the great, quality resources available to you through the Library and on the Web.
- LETS Tutorial
LETS Tutorial is series of online tutorials for students to help you to locate, evaluate and use information effectively
Get to know your Library - complete 6 tasks in the Library to win an iPad......
Visit the library NOW to enter.....