PCs, Laptops, WiFi
There are networked PCs throughout both libraries.
We also provide WiFi access for laptop/phone use and dedicated laptop power points on all floors.
Students can print from PCs and from their own laptops. Email and the Internet is also readily accessible.
For quick access to the Library catalogue, we have dedicated Catalogue PCs on the first floor of both libraries.
Logging on to PCs
- To login press Ctrl+Alt+Del and enter your DCU username and password (this information is given to new students at registration)
- Your username and password gives you direct access to the DCU student network and your Student Apps
- NB: Always log off when you have finished using a PC
If you don't have your username and password
- If you have forgotten or lost your username and password, staff at the ISS Service Desk(Ground floor of O’Reilly, 1st Floor of Cregan) will assist you>
- Please complete a PC access form at Informations Services (Ground floor of O’Reilly, 1st Floor of Cregan) for a guest username and password
Wired Access for Laptops
- Power and network points are available throughout both Libraries for laptop use.
- Borrow a laptop for use in the library from one of our self-service lockers
- Self- service Lockers are located in Printing/Photocopying area, ground floor, O'Reilly Library and on the first floor- across from the ISS desk in Cregan Library
- Laptops are issued without a power cable or mouse - battery life is approximately 3 hours.
- Please ask at the ISS Service Desk if you need any help.
- To borrow and return laptops you must have a valid DCU Student ID card
- Only one laptop can be issued per transaction
- Laptops are issued for 3 hours at a time
- Laptops cannot be taken outside the Library buildings
- Laptops should be returned to the cabinets half an hour before the libraries close
|Late return||50c per hour|
|Laptop requires repair||€50|
|Laptop returned in an un-repairable condition |
(as specified by third party supplier)
All library study areas support WiFi access.
There are two WiFi networks available on campus:
- Eduroam for DCU registered staff and students all details are on the ISS support pages)
- DCU-Guest-WiFi - an open network, so no password is required. Just select this option in your device settings to get started.
Consult the ISS Service Desk (Ground floor of O’Reilly, 1st Floor of Cregan) for help if you are having problems accessing either network
Help & Support
- The ISS Service Desk in both libraries is staffed by the DCU Information Systems and Services (ISS) Department
- They will help with all your IT problems or questions about network issues, Google apps, Loop, information storage, hardware problems, PC access, printing and photocopying and more
- Check ISS A-Z of Services for general online information about IT access and support on campus
- O'Reilly Library - printing/photocopying area on the Ground Floor
- Cregan Library - First Floor, laptop loan area (rights of stairs)
|Opening Hours||O'Reilly Library||Cregan Library|
|Monday - Thursday||08.30 - 20.00||08.30 - 20.00|
|Friday||08.30 - 17.00||08.30 - 17.00|
|Saturday||12.00 - 15.00||12.00 - 15:00|
NB: The PCs in the Library are subject to the DCU Code of Conduct for the use of computing resources. PCs are made available for academic purposes only. During busy periods in the library, you may be asked to vacate a workstation if you are using the PC for anything other than research or project work