Academic Governance & Regulations
This page contains information about the following:
- Academic Council and its three major subcommittees: Education Committee, University Standards Committee, Graduate Research Studies Board
- Validation and Accreditation of Programmes
- Approval Form for Revised Academic Offerings: Faculties and Education Committee
- External Examiners for Taught Programmes/Modules
- Disciplinary Appeals Committee
- Chairpersons of Programme Boards
Education Committee, University Standards Committee, Graduate Research Studies Board
The management of the first three of these committees is the responsibility of Margaret Irwin-Bannon and Valerie Cooke, Administrative Assistant. The management of the Graduate Research Studies Board is the responsibility of Margaret Irwin-Bannon and Gráinne Curran.
The management of these processes is the responsibility of Margaret Irwin-Bannon and Valerie Cooke, Administrative Assistant.
Please refer to the following two documents:
- Validation and accreditation of programmes: regulations and guidelines
- Information for programme proposers
Nominate External Examiners on Guru at: https://guru.dcu.ie/
Submit Examiner's Report at: https://guru.dcu.ie/
Print Examiner's Travel Expense Claim Form at: https://guru.dcu.ie/
All documentation relating to the appeals process for students on taught programmes is available on the Examination Appeals page.
The documentation relating to the appeals process for research students is below:
The Register of Chairpersons of Programme Boards 2018/19 is maintained by Valerie Cooke and Grainne Curran.
Information on Periodic Programme Review:
- PPR Policy and Procedures
- Template for External Reviewer (PPR)
- Template for Periodic Programme Review (PPR)
- PPR_External expert nomination form
- Annual Programme Review (APR) form
Information for Staff provided by Student Support and Development