School of Physical Sciences
Post Doctoral Researcher
- From July 2018, Dr. Gorji joined the I-Form Research center: XPS analysis of metallic powders, surface characterization and synchrotron depth analysis for 3D printing advanced manufacturing including bio-medical applications.
- Dr. Gorji has been involved with research and development of semiconductor devices: thin-film solar cells, perovskite-based sensors, nanostructures in photovoltaics. His expertise is with modeling the device physics and characterization of materials properties (XRD, XCT, XPS including Synchrotron radiations). Currently, he is engaged with XPS analysis of metallic powders for 3D printing applications.
- BSc and MSc in Physics: 1st Ranked, 2010.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering at University of Bologna, Italy: 2011-2013
- Research scholar in Physics at University of Toledo, Ohio, USA under Marco Polo grant. 2013.
- Awarded Doctoral Student Honor award from Intel Company in October 2013 (about $35K).
- Postdoctorate Researcher in electronics at University of Bologna, Italy, 2014-2015
- Postdoctorate Researcher in materials science at Brown University 2015-2016
- Postdoctorate Researcher in electronics at Dublin City University, Ireland 2016-2018
- Postdoctorate Researcher in physics at I-Form Research Center of DCU, Ireland 2018-present.
- Granted Erasmus+ Staff Mobility grant by HEI-EU in physics at Ilia State University, Georgia 2017.
- Granted Erasmus+ Staff Mobility grant by HEI-EU in physics at Ilia State University, Georgia 2018
- Granted Erasmus+ Staff Mobility grant by HEI-EU in physics at Ilia State University, Georgia 2019.
- Awarded YERUN grant for mobility to Brunel University - UK, March 2018.
- Awarded ECIU research grant to work with the University of Nottingham-UK, 2019.
- Awarded New Foundation Award (from Irish Research Council) for research collaboration with Brunel University London UK, 2019. ------------Teaching activities-----------------
- Semiconductor Physics, Nanoelectronics, Physics of NanoDevice, Additive Manufacturing.
- Postgrad tutor for Physics at DCU and DIT. 2017-present.