INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
- Advanced Research Computing Centre for Complex Systems Modelling (ARC-SYM) – ARC-SYM is a centre of excellence for researchers working in high performance computing (HPC) applied to computational and mathematical models for complex systems in engineering, natural and applied sciences.
- Entwine – Entwine's mission is to provide a networked platform with a global reach for the provision of services that enable the scalable machine-to-machine communication required to realise a true Internet of Things. Download brochure here.
- Irish Centre for Cloud Computing and Commerce (IC4) – a centre of excellence for innovation and applied research, that accelerates the development and adoption of Cloud technology and show cases Ireland's capabilities in this field. Download brochure here.
- ADAPT@DCU – ADAPT is a dynamic research centre that combines the world-class expertise of researchers at four universities (TCD, DCU, UCD and DIT) with that of its industry partners to produce ground-breaking digital content and media innovations. Download brochure here.
- INSIGHT@DCU – Insight is one of the biggest data analytics centres in Europe. It undertakes high-impact research, seeks to derive value from Big Data and provides innovative technology solutions for industry and society by enabling better decision-making.Download brochure here.
- CONNECT@DCU – The Centre for Future Networks and Communications (CONNECT) is a flagship research centre for communications networking, services, applications and technologies. Its mission is to research, develop and innovate solutions to the communications challenges facing society. New broadband architectures, new cellular technologies and the Internet of Things is at the centre of its work. Download brochure here.
- IPIC@DCU – The Irish Photonics Integrations Centre focuses on developing new light-enabled technologies. Photonics is a key enabling technology that underpins the internet and affects diverse industries such as medical devices, renewable energy, manufacturing and environmental monitoring.Download brochure here.
- LERO@DCU: The Irish Software Research Centre (LERO) brings together leading software teams from universities and institutes of technology in a co-ordinated centre of research excellence with a strong industry focus.Download brochure here
BIOTECHNOLOGY, HEALTHCARE AND PHARMACEUTICALS
- National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology (NICB) – a multi-disciplinary centre of research in fundamental and applied Cellular Biotechnology, Molecular Cell Biology, Ocular diseases and Biological Chemistry Download brochure here..
- International Centre for Neurotherapeutics – a multi-disciplinary centre undertaking research into the fundamental mechanisms of neurotransmitter release focussed on developing novel treatments for neuronal disorders.
- Biomedical Diagnostic Institute (BDI) – an academic/industrial/clinical research centre focussed on the development of the next generation of point-of-care biomedical diagnostic devices.
- National Centre for Sensor Research (NCSR) – a multi-disciplinary research facility focused on the science and applications of chemical sensors and biosensors. Download brochure here.
- Food for Health@DCU – Food for Health Ireland is a multi-location, multi-partnered, multi-disciplinary research centre that addresses some of today's most pressing health issues through food.
- FPC@DCU - The Fraunhofer Project Centre for Embedded Bioanalytical Systems "FPC@DCU" - an initiative jointly supported by Science Foundation Ireland and Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft - is a one-stop shop for the development of microfluidics-based solutions for decentralised bioanalytical testing.
- Centre for eIntegrated Care (CeIC) – a mutli-disciplinary research centre focused on advancing eIntegrated care in order to improve health and wellbeing.
NOVEL MATERIALS AND SUSTAINABILITY
INNOVATION IN SERVICES AND BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Centre for Family Business – The first family business centre of excellence and learning in Ireland, translating leading Irish and International research into best practice, for this generation and future generations of Irish family businesses. Download brochure here.
- Centre for Translation and Textual Studies – pursues research in translation and textual studies, applied languages, and related areas. Download brochure here.
- Irish Centre for Cloud Computing and Commerce (IC4) – a centre of excellence for innovation and applied research, that accelerates the development and adoption of Cloud technology and show cases Ireland's capabilities in this field.
- Socio-Legal Research Centre – The Socio-Legal Research Centre, based in the School of Law and Government at DCU, focuses on the social, cultural and economic context in which laws are made and enforced. Download brochure here.
- FuJo – FuJo is an innovative and experimental space for journalism and media research. It provides a platform where journalists, communication scholars, social and data scientists, software engineers and philosophers can come together. Download brochure here.
SECURITY, DEMOCRACY AND EDUCATION