Are you worried about upcoming exams? Not too sure where to start with your study or how to manage stress in the exam build-up? Maybe it's time to attend Exam Bootcamp!
The next edition will take place from Monday 17th to Wednesday 19th April 2023.
Exam Bootcamp is a series of free workshops developed by DCU Student Support & Development. The team includes expert Life Coaches, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Student Learning Officers. We also provide online resources that you can access at any time, including video summaries of the live workshops.
You can attend all sessions or select the ones most relevant to you.
- Revision strategies.
- Exam performance.
- Motivation for exams.
- Managing exam stress.
How to access
Registration is required for the live sessions. You may attend in person or log in via Zoom.
Registration links will be available soon on My Events Hub.
Online resources are available 24/7 on the Exam Bootcamp Loop page (self-enrol at the link).
Sessions will take place from 10:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 16:00.
Exact dates and times for each session will be confirmed soon.
- How to create a study plan to get organised and maximise your study time.
- How to use active learning strategies to learn complex material and study more effectively.
- How to use your time effectively during the exam.
- How to interpret and answer any questions in the expected time frame.
- How to perform to your best during the exam.
Study with Me 1
- Join us to practise how to study in a more effective way.
- We will do 25 minutes of focused study followed by 5-minute breaks.
- Proven to increase motivation and focus.
Motivation for Exams
- How to boost your motivation to energise yourself in advance of exams.
- How to set achievable learning goals.
Managing Exam Stress
- How to recognise signs of stress.
- How to manage stress in the build-up to exams.
- How to manage stress on the day of the exam itself.
Study with Me 2
- As above.
- Bring a past paper and practice tackling the questions in exam conditions.
What students say
- "100% helpful. My study skill and time management has improved immensely. I have learnt to relax and calm myself when I feel tensed up. Before I came here I was demotivated. But now I know that I can and I will conquer these exams."
- "There are multiple problems that students can face and the workshops cover most if not all of them and the advisors were always open for a talk if you want to discuss a point further."