Sceideal Ionduchtaithe Clár don tseachtain ionduchtaithe
'Orientation' takes place Monday 16th to Friday 20th September 2019
Check your schedule carefully to see what days and times you have activities scheduled.
- When you receive your username and password, and before you arrive, complete the first three Discover DCU pre-orientation courses.
- To access your mobile-friendly programme schedule, simply click the drop down arrow above and select your CAO course code (e.g. DC 117 | Aviation Management). You will also be able to print the schedule if required.
During this week, you will collect your student card, meet academic, administrative and student support staff, learn what is expected of you – and what you can expect, get to know classmates and begin to feel at home on the DCU campuses.
Make sure to attend all of the sessions so that you don't miss anything that you may need at a later stage in the year, enjoy getting to know your new classmates and, importantly, don't hesitate to ask any member of staff or the 'student helpers' around campus, if you find yourself lost or confused at any time!
- If you have questions about Orientation, please phone us at: 01-7007165 / 01-8842004 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any specific access requirements, please email email@example.com.
- At the Helix event, there is a designated quiet area where you can watch the event live.
Orientation Welcome Week is designed to equip you with all of the knowledge you need to start your successful university career here at DCU.
This is the beginning of your 'learning'. During the year, various Student Support & Development units will offer workshops, presentations and walk-in clinics to assist you with the transition to university.
Lectures commence on Monday 23rd September 2019.
In addition to Main Orientation, Orientation Sessions have been organised for the following groups
- International Students: The International Office host an International Orientation Programme for incoming international students.
- Disability & Learning Support: Students who enter through DARE will be notified directly.
- Access Students: Students will be notified directly.
- Head Start Writing Week (Matures): A week of 'preparation for academic writing at third level' for incoming first year mature students. Students will be contacted in mid-August. Details here.
For now, that's all you need to know! Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to meeting you during Orientation Welcome Week and getting to know you over the coming years.
DCU Connected/Open Education Students
Open Education Welcome Day will take place on Saturday 28th September. See information pack from DCU Connected/Open Ed.