S2/Week 2: 5th - 9th February 2018
Focus this Week:
- Examination Results
- Change of (optional) Module Choice
- Attend a Student Developmental Workshop
Results will be available on Wednesday 14th February 2018 at http://www.dcu.ie/registry/examinations/index.shtml. You will not receive a hard copy of your results, so print them off for your information. If you have successfully passed your examinations, well done, that’s great news. If, however, you have failed some modules or are disappointed with your results, here is what you should do:
- Contact the module lecturer (by email) and arrange to meet him/her during the official consultation days, which are 14th - 16th February 2018. During these days, you can ask to see your paper / assignment and discuss it with your lecturer. This is important feedback and you should go well prepared and take good notes in order to improve your performance in the coming semester / repeat examinations.
- Once you have ascertained the reasons you did unwell, prepare a plan to improve your performance – you may need assistance with this or you may wish to find out where to go for help. Your lecturer can be a great source of information and you can also contact the Student Advice Centre on either the St. Patrick's Campus or Glasnevin Campus. Email email@example.com if you need further/additional advice.
- If you feel that you should have gained a higher grade, discuss this with your lecturer. Appeals are normally not considered until after the Summer examinations. For further information on appeals and to download a form, click here.
Change of (optional) Modules – 29th Jan - 16th February 2018:
When you arrived in the University in September, you registered for certain modules for the year. You now have an opportunity to change your optional modules for Semester 2, if you have changed your mind. The deadline for changing modules free of charge is Monday, 12th February. See your Student Apps pages for information or contact the Registry if you are having difficulties.
Workshops this Week:See the Student Support & Development EVENTS page for a complete listing of all developmental workshops available to students.