Award Categories and prizes
- This category recognises contributions by staff directly involved in teaching for three years or more. Staff nominated under this category may, after an initial evaluation of nominations, be invited to support their nomination(s) with a short supporting portfolio.
- This category recognizes New Lecturers/Tutors with fewer than 3 years teaching experience. Staff nominated under this category are invited to support their nomination(s) with a short supporting portfolio.
- Core staff teams that provide an exceptional, innovative or transformational contribution to the student experience in either an academic or teaching support category. Teams are invited to support their nomination(s) with a short supporting portfolio.
Academic Support Staff
- This category recognises contributions by staff responsible for supporting student learning (as opposed to those with a direct teaching role).
- Examples include, but are not limited to, technical staff and members of Library, Registry, Information Support Services (ISS) etc.
For academic staff nominations, awards will be made in three areas - Teaching Assessment, Feedback and Group Teaching. In addition, an overall award for Teaching Excellence will be made in the form of a teaching enhancement grant of €2,500 in the Academic Staff category with an additional €1,000 award for First Time Lecturers/Tutors and €1,000 for the Team Award. The Academic Support Staff prize is for €1,000. Winners may use this money to further enhance their teaching practice/student learning (for example to facilitate conference participation or to purchase materials or equipment relating to teaching development). Winners will also receive a commemorative piece of Crystal. Winners names are also displayed on a specially commissioned plaque located in the DCU O'Reilly Library.