- Deadline for receipt of nominations: 8th March 2019 - 4.00pm
- There are four award categories: Academic Staff, New Lecturers/Tutors (with less than 3 years teaching experience) Teams and Academic Support Staff.
- Staff nominated under the Academic staff category may, after an initial evaluation of nominations, be invited to augment their nomination(s) with a short supporting portfolio.
- Staff nominated under the New Lecturers/Tutors category will also be invited to augment their nomination(s) with a short supporting portfolio.
- Teams nominated will be asked to submit a short supporting portfolio.
- A nomination can be made for an individual member of staff or a team.
- An individual or team may be nominated more than once.
- Nominations can be made by an individual member of DCU staff, DCU students, DCU alumni, or any combination of these.
- Nominations will be considerably strengthened if they include student testimonials.
- Evaluations will be conducted by a panel comprised of a subgroup as identified above.
- For academic staff nominations, awards will be made in three areas - Teaching Assessment, Feedback and Group Teaching. In addition, an overall award for Teaching Excellence will be made in the form of a teaching enhancement grant, to be used to further enhance the winner's teaching practice and/or student learning: Academic Staff - €2,500, New Lecturers/Tutors - €1,000, Team Award - €1,000, Academic Support Staff - €1,000. In addition, at the discretion of the evaluation panel, up to three additional special awards may be made.
- Winners will also receive a commemorative piece of Crystal.
- Winners' names will be displayed on a specially commissioned plaque located in the foyer of the DCU Library.
- Awards will be presented by the University President at an awards ceremony in May.
How to nominate
- Complete the appropriate nomination form.