What We Do
The TEU is DCU’s centre for Teaching and Learning. We provide research-informed leadership in Teaching and Learning guided by DCU’s Strategic Plan and responsive to developments in contemporary higher education.
The TEU aims to:
- Foster a dynamic community of practice around issues of teaching and learning and technology enhanced learning among our colleagues across the university and its various partners.
- Undertake research in the areas of teaching and learning and technology enhanced learning that can inform best practice among academic staff and the wider higher education community.
- Promote and recognise excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Enhance the student experience by providing flexible opportunities for continuous professional development for academic staff.
- Contribute to on-going development of relevant policy and strategy at the institutional, regional, and national level in issues relating to teaching and learning and technology enhanced learning.
- Facilitate sustainable change and innovative teaching and learning developments in partnership with academic staff and academic programme teams.