DCU Wireless (Wifi) Networks
Information Systems Services highly recommend that students and staff configure and connect all digital devices to the Eduroam WiFi Network.
The Guest Wifi offers basic web browsing & SSL-VNP(443) for guests of DCU.
How to connect to Eduroam
Eduroam Wireless Network
- Main secured (AES) DCU wireless network for all staff & students
- Available to visiting staff & students from other colleges
- Available to DCU staff & students while visiting other colleges
- Available to Invent staff and long term contractors after registration with HR
- Devices must support 802.1x (e.g. not compatible with amazon kindle)
How to connect to DCU-Guest-Wifi
- Available in DCU, MDI, St Pats, The Innovation Campus and The DCU Ryan Academy.
- Restricted services: http, https, SSL-VNP(443).
- Email clients (Thunderbird, Outlook) will not work on this network.
- Unsecured network - no default data encryption.
- Access to the DCU Guest WiFi may be restricted.