DCU Wireless (Wifi) Networks
There are two Wireless Networks on campus in DCU; 'Eduroam' & 'Guest Wifi'.
Eduroam is the main Wifi Network across DCU Campus.
If you are either staff or a student of DCU you can access Eduroam using the username and password used to sign into your email account etc.
Guest Wifi is the Wifi Network for visitors to DCU who do not have a username and password to access Eduroam.
Eduroam Wireless Network
- Main secured (AES) DCU wireless network for all staff & students
- Available to visting staff & students from other colleges
- Available to DCU staff & students while visiting other colleges
- Available to Invent staff and long term contractors after registration with HR
- Devices must support 802.1x (e.g. not compatible with amazon kindle)
- Sending mail via direct external mail relay is not supported - users advised to use webmail or external relay which supports ports 465 and 587
How to Connect to Eduroam in DCU - DCU Staff & Students, & HR Registered Contractors
Simply follow the instructions on this page to configure your windows, OS X, or smartphone device. **
How to Connect to Eduroam in DCU - Visiting Staff & Students
Visitors from other participating institutions in Ireland or abroad need to follow the instructions of their home institution. Eduroam must be configured and tested on the campus of the home institution before arriving to DCU.
How to Connect to Eduroam in Other Colleges - DCU Staff & Students
DCU staff & students may use the eduroam service at any of the participating institutions in Ireland or abroad. Connecting to eduroam must be configured and tested in DCU before travelling: further information.
- Available in DCU and MDI for all sponsored visitors
- Restricted services: http, https, vpn only
- Email clients will not work on this network
- Unsecured network - no default data encryption
- Access must be granted by DCU/MDI staff member
How to connect to DCU-Guest-Wifi
- Ask any DCU staff member for the current guest wifi username and password. Any staff member can obtain these details by authenticating here: https://www.dcu.ie/DCU-Guest-WiFi
- Select DCU-Guest-Wifi from your list of available wireless networks on your device
- Open any browser on any page on your device
- Enter the username and password obtained above to authenticate
- Once authenticated you may browse to any websites that you wish
DCU Wireless (Wifi) Network - Locations
Where a building is listed as having wireless coverage, ISS have done their utmost to ensure the wireless network signal can be picked up from as many points in the building as possible.
- Albert College
- Presidents Area
- An Griannan
- Bea Orpen
- DG11 meeting room only
- D404 meeting room only
- DCU Business School
- DCUBS Main
- Third Floor
- Admin Extension
- Estates Office
- Henry Grattan
- HG Main
- The Street
- HG Extension
- Deirdre Thornton Reading room
- Inter Faith Centre
- Invent Centre
- John & Aileen O’Reilly Library
- Larkin Lecture Theatre
- Main Restaurant
- Except the Pavillion area
- Mater Dei Institute
- MDI Main Building
- MDI Library
- Clonliffe college
- N Block
- NICB Building
- Nursing Main
- Nursing Extension
- H206 Meeting Room
- H306 Meeting Room
- Postgraduate Residences
- West Block - Ground floor office space only
- R&D Building
- All except Bioutekon area
- Research & Engineering Building
- R&E Main
- BDI Extension
- The Pod Meeting Room
- Sports Complex
- Gallery - Old Side
- The Hub
- The Venue
- Clubs &Socs
- Old Bar
- X Block
- Office Area
- Lab Area
- Maths area
- ICNT Area
- SHHP Area
How to Connect to Eduroam
Eduroam is a secure authenticated wireless network. You will be prompted for your DCU network username and password to gain access.
As eduroam is a worldwide service you must also identify to which institution you belong.
You can do this by appending @dcu.ie to your DCU username.
E.G. - If your standard DCU username is bloggsj22 then your eduroam username is firstname.lastname@example.org The password is NOT your e-mail password it is your network password used for such systems as Portal pages, Moodle, Novell, AD etc. Both staff and students should append @dcu.ie.
Please choose your operating system from the list below: