Scholarships and grants for postgraduate students
North/South Postgraduate Scholarships/PhD History Bursary - February 2015
EXTATIC is a unique interdisciplinary training programme in extreme ultraviolet and X-ray science that combines ‘hands-on’ research training, scientific workshops and courses. Applications are now being accepted for six Doctoral Studentships. Full details can be viewed here.
This research programme aims to investigage the impact of Project Maths upon our highest achieving students, during their time at second-level and third-level; both in terms of their mathematical literacy and fluency, as well as their attitudes and motivations when studying mathematics. Expresssions of interest should be submitted by 21 November 2014. Full details can be viewed here.
Seeking a postgraduate research candidate to join a team of researchers working on a project entitled ‘Assessment for Learning Resources for First Year Undergraduate Mathematics Modules’. This project concerns the development of formative assessment techniques in order to improve the teaching and learning experience of first year undergraduate mathematics modules. Full details can be found here.
For other funding opportunities that currently exist within DCU research centres/faculties please visit the individual webpages:
- National Centre for Plasma Science and Technology (NCPST)
- National Centre for Sensor Research (NCSR)
- National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology (NICB)
- National Institute for Digital Learning (NIDL)
- Research Institute for Networks and Communications Engineering (RINCE)
- International Centre for Neurotherapeutics (ICNT)
- Centre for Digital Video Processing
- Centre for International Studies
- Centre for Society, Information and Media (STEM)
- Centre for the Advancement of Science and Mathematics Teaching and Learning (CASTeL)
- Centre for Translation and Textual Studies (CTTS)
- LInK: The Learning, Innovation and Knowledge Research Centre
- Materials Processing Research Centre (MPRC)
- Vascular Health Research Centre (VHRC)
- National Centre for Technology in Education (NCTE)
- National Centre for Language Technology (NCLT)
- Centre for Software Engineering
- Biomedical Diagnostics Institute (BDI)
- DCU Faculty of Engineering and Computing
- DCU Faculty of Science and Health
- DCU Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- DCU Business School
DCU Fiontar Masters bursaries:
- MSc i nGnó agus i dTeicneolaíocht an Eolais: Five scholarships of €2,000 each for the five students who do best in the first year of the course. See Fiontar scholarships webpage for more information.
Each postgraduate research student (full-time or part-time) can apply for one €500 travel grant in the period of his or her studentship. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. See below for the application procedure. All paperwork to go to Jonny Hobson in the Graduate Studies Office (Room AG40, Albert College, tel #5136).
2. Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI)