Please visit the EU Status page to ascertain whether you will be categorised as an EU or Non-EU applicant for fees and application purposes.
DCU and your country
Visit our country pages for country specific entry requirements and information
Non-EU/EU applications for full-time undergraduate programmes are broken down into several different categories
Applicants presenting Non-EU School Leaving Qualification
Applicants who are applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate course and who are presenting with Non-EU school leaving qualifications should apply direclty to the University by 1st of July. *With the exception of BA in Jazz and Contemporary Music Performance (restricted programme), the closing date is 1st February . Please Download an application form.
Incomplete application forms lead to delays in the processing of applications. Please ensure that you read the relevant 'checklist' at the back of the application forms before submitting
All qualifications will be taken into consideration in assessing these applications. Candidates are expected to:
- have taken school leaving examinations of a standard equivalent to the Irish Leaving Certificate or GCE A Level; and
- satisfy the general entry requirements and programme entry requirements outlined within the programme contents
- satisfy the English language requirements available by clicking here .
DCU has a number of foundation programme options for International students. Please click here for more information.
- All candidates applying for the B.Sc in Nursing (4 year programme) must apply through the Central Applications Office (CAO) regardless of their status as EU or Non-EU, or their eligibility to be considered as a mature applicant by 1st February.
- There are separate CAO course codes for the purposes of assessing mature applicants (DC225/DC226/DC227/DC228).
- Mature nursing applications are assessed by the Irish Nursing Board (An Bord Altranais). Mature nursing applicants should apply through the CAO by 1st February. However, they are NOT required to submit a Mature Supplementary Application form directly to DCU.
- Having applied through the CAO before 1 February, nursing applicants must also register and apply through the PAS website,www.publicjobs.ie. Applicants must register with PAS, as they undertake the written assessment of applicants on behalf of the Irish Nursing Board.
- Please click here to refer to the official website of the Irish Nursing Board for registration and other important information with regard to mature nursing assessments.
- All other nursing applications must be made using the standard CAO codes (DC215/DC216/DC217/DC218) by the 1st February. For the CAO website, please click here.
- All candidates (presenting with EU/Non EU qualifications) applying on the grounds of mature years (with the exception of nursing applicants, see note below) should apply through the Central Applications Office (CAO) by 1st February.
- Candidates taking higher education studies at another institution who are seeking to transfer onto a programme of study at DCU must apply directly to DCU by the 1st July. *With the exception of BA in Jazz and Contemporary Music Performance (restricted programme), the closing date is 1st February. Full documentation, including course syllabus and transcripts, must be included in the application. An interview may be required as part of the application assessment. Download an application form.
Other Non-EU Applicants
- Applicants present Eu School Leaving examination or FETAC Level 5, applying as a mature applicant of applying as a transfer applicant, should go to the Registry webpage here to get further information on the appropriate application procedure.