The Use of Music in Action-Orientated Language Learning
- Presentation by Dr. Francis Ward and Dr. Mairead Ní Bhriain (MIC) on their Teaching Council funded research project at Féilte 2018, MIC Limerick
- Contrast, compare and integrate approaches to language and music teaching & learning with specific emphasis placed on ‘Action-Orientated Approach to language learning’, as elaborated in the Common European Framework for Reference for Languages
- Embracing performative task-based pedagogies
- Develop a teacher resource pack (inc. weekly lesson plans and CD) containing a series of musical activities for use in classroom for the teaching of French/Irish/English/Music.
- Aim to create broader research network through this initial pilot phase.
8th October, 2018