The Counselling and Personal Development Service is a professional, confidential and free service, which is available to all registered undergraduate and postgraduate DCU students.
The service provides one-to-one psychological counselling and specialist input on a wide range of personal, academic, family, social, psychological and mental health issues that hinder a student’s academic performance in a non-judgmental and open manner. This includes support and help at time of immediate crisis.
Welcome to the Counselling and Personal Development Service website. These webpages provide information on a range of supports that are available to you through this service. They include :
- One to one psychological and confidential counselling
- SilverCloud Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) online mental health & wellbeing programmes
- Togetherall, moderated peer support 24/7
- Mindfulness based stress reduction resources including podcasts
- Psycho-educational workshops and groups
- Psychological health & wellbeing resources, practices, guidelines, podcasts and information
- Live Wise Book Therapy
- Anonymous reporting tool through Speak Out
- Information on 'after hour supports' including 24/7 text and helpline services.
Do please explore further here what is available to you.