The Counselling and Personal Development Service is a professional, confidential and free service, which is available to all registered undergraduate and postgraduate DCU students.
The service provides one-to-one psychological counselling and specialist input on a wide range of personal, academic, family, social, psychological and mental health issues that hinder a student’s academic performance in a non-judgmental and open manner. This includes support and help at time of immediate crisis.
Welcome to the Counselling and Personal Development Service website. These webpages provide information on a range of supports that are available to you through this service. They include :
- One to one psychological and confidential counselling
- A mindfulness,wellbeing and stress reduction lunchtime series with online resources including podcasts,student handbook and videolinks
- Anxiety,stress and low mood workshops
- Bereavement facilitated student forums
- Online cognitive behavioural therapy for anxiety
- Online self-help wellbeing practices and information including bibliotherapy
- Provides a full listing of 'after hour supports' including 24/7 helpine services.
Do please explore further here what is available to you.