Counselling & Personal Development Service
Counselling & Personal Development Service - Testimonies
- "I have suffered with depression and generalised anxiety disorder for many years and never thought to go to counselling until a roommate told me about his experience. Without the help of my counsellor I don't know where I would be today. Counselling was the crutch I needed during a very dark time in my life and has helped me in so many ways. Without sounding cliche, it literally did change my life and my education has really seen the benefit too. I successfully passed my six repeat exams and I feel ready and motivated to work hard this year." Third year undergraduate student
- "Counselling really helped me when I was in a bad place emotionally. It gave me coping mechanisms to feel better and helped me deal with my problems. I have been able to get my anxiety under control and to lessen the chronic tension headaches I have been suffering from. As a result I have been able to complete my PhD write-up". Postgraduate student.
- "I experienced some dramatic problems last year and would have had a dramatically poorer outcome had counselling not been available". Second year undergraduate student.
- "I think my counsellor is really great. I'm very grateful. My life has completely changed for the better. I could talk about anything and felt I was in a safe place/environment". - Third year undergraduate student.
- "I found counselling very professional and thorough. I have been able to work through issues I never dreamed I'd be able to tell anyone about". - Postgraduate student.
- "I think it's been excellent. Counselling has allowed me make changes which have really benefited me". - Second year undergraduate student.
- "I am very grateful for all the help and support I have received. I now understand and respect myself more. I am much happier and at peace with myself". - Third year undergraduate student.
- "I had several issues that were casing me incredible anxiety. Now I am a much more confident and self assured person". - Postgraduate student.
- "As a result of counselling I'm less stressed. I deal with situations in a better way and I don't worry as much". - Fourth year undergraduate student.
- "In my experience my problem distracted me from studying. This distraction escalated as the problem was not being solved. I went to counselling and used the process suggested to me by my counsellor. It worked". - First year undergraduate student.
- "My counsellor was very understanding, friendly and reliable. They were very professional and encouraging. I could trust my counsellor with any problem or fear". - Third year undergraduate student.
- "As a result of counselling, I feel more in control of my emotions, of my decision making and of my dealing with other people". - Fourth year undergraduate student.
For A Student Experience click here
For a second student experience, click here
For the impact of Counselling report (Glasnevin campus) click HERE
For Feedback on the Student Empowerment and Life Skills Programme click HERE