Health and Safety
Welcome to the DCU Health and Safety Office. We provide the guidance and information required to - as far as reasonably practicable - keep our staff, students and visitors safe on DCU campuses.
Services we provide include:
- Developing health and safety policies, procedures and management arrangements to help meet statutory obligations
- Providing support and guidance to Heads of Schools and Units and Departments
- Assisting Health and Safety Coordinators and academics on how to manage health and safety
- Publishing Standard Operating Procedures and guidance on managing the risks from specific hazards
- Developing tools such as templates to assist with risk assessment processes
- Monitoring health and safety performance through auditing and inspection
- Reporting to the University Health and Safety Consulting, Steering Group as required
- Providing a range of health and safety training courses.
- Coordinating the investigation of health and safety incidents and accidents