What do we do?
- Confidential and non-judgemental listening.
- Pastoral care for students and staff.
- Spiritual accompaniment.
- Provide Inter Faith services and links with various Faith Communities.
- Offer support in times of crises.
- Support students and staff through the ups and downs of life.
- Bereavement support for students and staff (please let us know if you or a friend have been bereaved).
- Visitation when needed (please let us know if you are concerned about a student or member of staff who may be at home or in hospital and may like a visit from a Chaplain).
- Provide opportunities for prayer and reflection.
- Provide Catholic Sacramental services, like Eucharist, Baptisms, Weddings, etc.
- Link students and staff with other support services.
- Sit on various committees within the University.
- Support various student activities.
Why students/staff chat with a Chaplain
- Talk about personal struggles.
- Chat through family difficulties.
- Relationship/marital problems.
- Academic difficulties.
- Experience loss or bereavement.
- New and mature students struggling to adjust to academic life.
- Hearing bad or upsetting news.
- Struggling with personal or family illness.
- Need to talk about their faith or the spiritual side of their life.
- Like a Chaplain to pray for an intention.
(See Request a Prayer under ‘Prayer Traditions’)
- Need help and support in making a decision.
- Resolve an issue from the past in order to move on.
- And for many other reasons