DCU and Intel Ireland are calling on DCU students to get involved in the STEAM Hackathon weekend taking place in DCU St. Patrick’s Campus on Friday 20th – Sunday 22nd.
The 54-hour free event will bring together DCU student innovators, creatives, entrepreneurs and developers to build something real and innovative using Intel technology. Students will have an opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, build new solutions and have lots of fun!
About the 'STEAM' challenge
Putting the 'A into STEM Education - DCU and Intel want students to explore their artistic and creative sides in combination with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) skillsets to generate new exciting and innovative experiences or products. We want students to show us how the Arts can interact with technological creativity by blending music, visual arts, performance arts and fashion with enabling technology.
Students will explore these artistic themes in diverse teams to create aesthetic objects, environments or experiences that improve the lives others, underpinned by Intel Technology.
Who is it for?
This hackathon is open to all students and no prior expertise is required! Especially welcome of students with interest in the arts, music, creativity as well as coders and makers
- Creative and artistic DCU students from dance, drama, poetry, music etc.
- Aspiring & experienced DCU student entrepreneurs
- Non-technical DCU student talent (Ie. education, business & finance, media & communications science & health, humanities & social sciences etc.)
- DCU student creatives and designers of all types
- DCU student developers and other tech-related experts
- DCU students looking to build new skills and enhance their CV
- Mature DCU students and lifelong learners
What you will get in return?
- Be inspired by the great ideas around you and learn what it takes to create a successful innovative solution in just 54 hours.
- Expand Your Skillset- learn new skills by problem-solving and building solutions for the real world. The weekend will be supported by a group of expert mentors to turn your idea into a success.
- Grow Your Network - Join innovators, creatives, entrepreneurs and developers from all programmes of DCU, in this frenzy of innovation.
- Build Something Real - Put your talents to work and build a real product, team, and brand for execution in the real world.
- Have Fun! The event is fully catered for and rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit of working hard and playing hard.
Get your friends involved, spread the word and join us on October 20th!