DCU Matchmaker and Research Showcase 2017
DCU will host its third Business Matchmaker event on 11th May 2017 in The Helix.
This is an opportunity for companies to meet face-to-face with experts at Dublin City University who are actively engaged in research that has applications across many industry sectors. You can profile your business, outline the challenges for your business, explore new ideas and understand the various options to collaborate and fund R&D projects through state and European supports. Companies with both an established R&D programme and start-ups with new ideas are welcome.
The purpose of these meetings is to facilitate targeted exchanges between researchers and industry and explore opportunities for collaboration through access to talent, knowledge transfer, training and industry/academic partnerships.
Following a light breakfast the plenary session will outline research at DCU and how the university collaborates with industry. You will hear from companies who have previously collaborated with DCU. This will be followed by pre-scheduled one to one meetings which will take place between individual DCU researchers/ business development managers and industry representatives who are interested in extending their R&D capability by working with universities.
- Richard Murphy, Director of Research, Alltech
- Conor Hanley, CEO Fire1 and serial entrepreneur
Main Sector/ Topic Areas
- ICT & Digital Services
- Internet of Things
- Lifesciences and Health
- Advanced Manufacturing & Materials
- Water Resource Management
- Energy & Environmental Sustainability
- Social & Economic Concerns
- Manufacturing Competitiveness
- Physical Sciences
- Business Innovation
- Social and Ethical Impact
- Legal Studies
- Communications and Public Engagement
- Social Enterprise
Focus of the event
- Get to know the research capabilities at Dublin City University
- Meet with research experts to discuss challenges for your business
- Learn how to fund R&D through collaboration with DCU
- Find out how DCU does Business
- 08.30 - 09.30 Breakfast and Registration
- 09.30 - 10.45 Presentations
- 10.45 - 11.00 Coffee
- 11.00 - 01.00 One-to-One Meetings
- 01.00 - 02.00 Lunch
- 02.00 - 03.00 One-to-One Meetings