A core element of DCU’s vision is to be a globally-significant university that is renowned for its discovery and translation of knowledge to advance society. This commitment to world-class research is central to the new Research and Innovation Strategy, which sets out a range of specific actions to advance our reputation in that regard. We plan to build upon the existing broad based research strengths across the five faculties and the established Research Centres in the following thematic areas:
- Health technologies and the healthy society;
- Information technology and the digital society;
- Advanced manufacturing and materials;
- Sustainable economies and societies;
- Democratic and secure societies;
- Educational research and innovation.